WTF..?

Einstein

einstein = some juniors dad/mom who is pissed their little poppet wasnt picked.

since when is any sport in SA ever picked on merit?

Details and names, Einstein. And perhaps a constructive alternative to the situation that's got you so riled up. Without those your post is pointless.

Einstein, you are clearly connected to all of this and if so, have already received a mial from me and can take it up with me, no problem at all.

Its easy to sow disinformation with half information, bit it does not aid the cause or is not constructive. Rather take it up with me. There are only three races in which "selected" teams ride- Trofeo Karlsberg, GP Patton and World Champs with the latter being the only one in which riders recieve colours.

From the start everyone was informed that they if they are not in a program already,  they must find themselves in one of the programs already in place in Europe. Because the riders are from different clubs, the teams would be entered as South African teams so to be able to accomodate the riders from other clubs in the already established programs.

Therefore many of these races are in fact the races of private parties making place for riders from other clubs to join them in their race, sometimes displacing their own riders from these races, sometimes keeping some of their own club riders in it( as it was origionally the race of that club). Some of the races have been added as an extra burden on their own programs to help youngsters ride more UCI races.

To choose to race criteriums before an International Tour was not a must and own choice to do something like that before a big UCI race. Other youngsters have been doing three 4 day tours week after week and going quite okay.

The races in question are that of a private party and not of Cycling SA and remain the choice of that party. The late changes come mostly as a fact that one rider finally got his passport and being added to the schedule to also offer him a chance, again in the private partie's capacity and right.

We can go further into the explanations given to me at first about the non-participation, but this is not the place and I am not going to drag riders into this and not here. As the races you seem to be referring to are races destined for my own teams' invitation that I am sharing with other clubs, please feel free to take it up with me.