1x9

rock

so after cruising single speed for a while I decided that 27 gears was just to much to handle.....

1x9 conversion complete with the help of MRP's new 1.X guide - straight outta Colorado.

20090714_004633_09072009001.jpg

20090714_004705_13072009001.jpg

for the weight weenies, the saving was well over 300g as the guide is just 60g :-)

Nice...one question though...

Can you get to the outermost gears without the chain rubbing on the guide? or what is the limit?

very nice' date=' rock! how does it roll?[/quote']

thanks to this charming weather weather we're having I haven't test ridden it properly...... smiley19.gif just rolled around the block......

I'll start with the 32 as thats the only spare SS ring I had, but might go up to a 34 when I feel a bit stronger......

Nice...one question though...

Can you get to the outermost gears without the chain rubbing on the guide? or what is the limit?

I was worried about that and the MRP guys said you might need to let it rub a bit and allow for the chain to wear the guide a little, but as I have it now its completely rub free in all 9 cogs.....

very nice' date=' rock! how does it roll?[/quote']

thanks to this charming weather weather we're having I haven't test ridden it properly...... smiley19.gif just rolled around the block......

I'll start with the 32 as thats the only spare SS ring I had, but might go up to a 34 when I feel a bit stronger......

so we can safely say it doesn't go upstream well! stuff looks good though!

Looks good.

After killing myself on the Knysna 85km (74km) in Dinglespeed mode and then riding Harkerville with a couple of chaindrops on the rear sprocket. (damn vertical dropouts)

I decided to put on an old XT cassette and chain and give it a go. Likewise I haven't had time to test it out properly.

I'm using a 34 chainring and have left the 36 tooth that I had on there from dinglespeed mode also have a Deda dogfang on there too. Should keep the chain from dropping. Not quite as slick as yours but it should work (I hope)

now that is a flippen awesome gadget. sweet man. if you dont mind telling how much did it cost. Id much rather prefer this than single speed..... at least you have an option if you start running outa steam

they're $49.99 and can buy direct from MRP

they charge about $29 to post with USPS (full tracking on their site)

www.mrpbike.com

go get one!

I see adam craig won the US national short track champs with his 1.X guide - as did JHK in the full length XC......

Guest Big H

300 g including the shifter you chuck????< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">