My broken collar bone

mdk555

Willy

The plate is probably to small to set off the detectors,  unless its a hand held.

I used to have about 2k's of metal in my legs,  now that set the things off.

My wife would walk on as if she didnt know me. Funnily enough I flew more then than before or since they tool it out.

You body will,  after a while, start making it uncomfortable and reject the stuff.

Try to always keep it warm.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just the clavicle plate, there are also other plates running down my arm. From what I can make out it is not so much the plates that set of the detector, but the anchoring screws.

No one stopped me at the airport and the buzzer didn't shout.

it would be a very brave person to stop someone as big as you Wink

Guest Big H

At least you guys that kept it now have some titanium thingies...... even if it is not on your bike but screwed onto your "quick release"!!!!!!!!!!< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Had a metal plate in my shoulder for 16 years now , no problems. Dont even know its there. Cold doesnt make a differnce to it Big%20smile.

Got 2 wires in pinkie as well, temper is a bad thingOuch.

I've got a plate and nine screws in mine, looks very similar to a garden rake. Doc says if it doesn't bother you leave it in. Winter and my seat belt used to be uncomfortable, but that goes away after a few years.

You body will' date='  after a while, start making it uncomfortable and reject the stuff.

Try to always keep it warm.
[/quote']

I seriously hope u jokingBig%20smile, it's the only thing keeping my back togetherConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

CarbonBoy ' date=' TiBones - what are these plates made from?[/quote']

Titanium. Have one in my head.

A mate of mine has encouraged me to post my little injury pic, so here goes.

Did this at Giba Gorge on the 22 of April on the main line. Snapped 3 of the ligaments holding the collar bone to the shoulder. A hook plate was installed to allow the ligaments time to heal. Problem is the hook and a band of muscle compete for space, so when the muscle is activated, well let's just say it's not very comfortable.

20090723_132623_Shoulder_scan_3.JPG

I've also got a plate. Left side. It bothers me when hiking with a heavy pack or in certain cars when sitting on the left. Otherwise, no issues.

Plenty of big guys with plated shoulders... We need to learn how to fall beter... ;)

How many years has it been in? My doc has advised me that it should be removed.

I've got 5 days to go to OP day, man I cannot wait to get this thing out. 

Hey RM, let us know how it feels after removing it.

Surely the holes will close eventually - if they expect the bone to grow back together, then the holes should close?

Having it taken out is a bit like skydiving - jumping out of a perfectly good plane - here you are having an op on a bionic shoulder?

Let us know - thanks