Team League NG

Canaris

After suggesting the idea of a team league on another thread, I want to get opinions, inputs and possible indication of support for this format in Gauteng North.

Basic frame work:

A starting group is created between the licenced and "A Bunch".  In order to ride in this group a team of four to six riders must be entered as a team. (team kit applies)  Only riders registered as teams are allowed in the group.  The race is for points/ combined times (team competition) and podium places (individual).

possible further (if clubs/ organisers buy in) development may include, keeping tabs of placings ext across a number of race in the season (league standings).  Allocation of a league jersey to the rider with the lowest combined times accross identified races  (GC) and a green jersey to the points winner.  Possible a kitty (or my Rhodesian Ridgeback) as a prize for the winning team.

If the idea of a league is agreed, then teams will have to declare their 6-8  riders (ie six up and two substitutes) which will race as a team for the entire season.  (the season being 6- 8 local races).

The advantages of this format for organisers are many, one of which will be garanteed entries for races that are agreed upon as league races.

Just a thought..........

There is something simmular running currently.  Why don't you discuss your ideas with the GN road commissioner?

Thanx Backlash.  I am planning to discuss with Retief as well.  But before I go to the trouble of making such a proposal, I am interested in what support there is for such a format.

THe present "league" format is not as structured as this proposal.  This proposal will require the buy in of riders, clubs and organisers up front for the entire season of racing.  TYhis idea requires a seperate starting group determined by team participation and members hip, and not only "club" affiliation.

You should  ask Retief to invite you to one of the monthly meeting where you can then discuss your proposal with all the club chairmen.

I don't think a lot of them are on this forum and a lot of cyclists are also not on here