Built this for a friend

Overlord

While watching the TdF was wondering why the time trial bikes have a more compact rear triangle. Anyone know why?

Nice bike.

I've been mtb'ing all my life, but something like that would make me ride on the road.

That bike just means business....

Compact triangle is something along the lines of a more upright seat tube to push you over the tri-bars to achieve a more aero body shape or something...Any other thoughts?

I hear the compact triangle has something to do with using different muscles or something. At least thats what I heard for tri bikes.

The reason for the more compact triangle is to give a stiffer rear end with shorter seatstays. Yes the seatube angle is steaper aswell, but it is mainly to stiffen the rear end of the bike. Also with a TT/ Tri position, your weight is more over the BB so to stiffen the back does not feel so uncomfortable as with a road setup

Just hope he adjusts the angle of attack on the saddle though. Looks like it could be a bit career-limiting!

I hope he gets a Tri saddle rather.

Just hope he adjusts the angle of attack on the saddle though. Looks like it could be a bit career-limiting!

I hope he gets a Tri saddle rather.

Is that like a Bi, only does it with Hermaphrodites as well?