The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

oh that looks awesome! just make sure your crank is also 5 bolt!!

Erhm. About that.

Guys I need a CRC order - My crank is a 4-bolt so I'm getting a bash ring

WANTED: CapeTown CRC!

Give that a look.. Pleeease

Isn't DHK getting wheels?

darnijl2009-12-26 07:36:51

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beast price aswell! 1.5k rrp! thats insane! but it is an awesome awesome derailleur.....but i could never afford that. so XT it is for now (later)

?

awesome ride today guys! was allot of fun' date=' Thanks!

[/quote']

yeah, thanks to Donovan (cameo carpark role smiley2.gif ), Mitch21, Jrussel & friend, Panik and I think it was Roman(?) for pitching up today. ride was awesome.

Mitch: dont forget to get me Meurant's number. I wanna talk about fixing Panik's sketchy secret track smiley17.gif

I dunno if anyone else noted, but there is a second, bigger hole on that northshore raised platform. Someone's going to get really badly hurt there if that hole gets any wider. Does Meurant deal with this as well, or can anyone go and fix it?

Jrussel: why not get the saint? it's pretty decently priced.

ANy particular reason you not going SRAM? X.9 2010 is pretty much a big value for money item. I've got the 2010 model. The only crap i get from it isnt from it really. It's my drop out that keeps getting bent.

awesome ride today guys! was allot of fun' date=' Thanks!

[/quote']

yeah, thanks to Donovan (cameo carpark role smiley2.gif ), Mitch21, Jrussel & friend, Panik and I think it was Roman(?) for pitching up today. ride was awesome.

Mitch: dont forget to get me Meurant's number. I wanna talk about fixing Panik's sketchy secret track smiley17.gif

I dunno if anyone else noted, but there is a second, bigger hole on that northshore raised platform. Someone's going to get really badly hurt there if that hole gets any wider. Does Meurant deal with this as well, or can anyone go and fix it?

im sure if we brought 12 nails and a hammer up we could fix up all the holes, i had a look on the way up, there are a whole bunch of spare planks exactly the same size under the northshore. im sure they there for that exact reason.

and with Angus's secret track, maybe a bit f rubble removal and a rake we could sort out some nice lines through the forest. Cap you remember that near 90 degree "Berm"? well i saw a nicer line which skipped the "berm" and went straight into the off camber section. it would be really nice if we could fix that trail up,

and also there is a nice walk route up to that jeep track i found. so instead off pushing up DH2, if we could just pull out 1 or 2 shrubs, we could have a nice direct and short climb up.

id love to come up one weekend and sort out all those thingssmiley1.gif

sounds a plan. I'm game. who else wanna chip in? We will probably have to clear it with the peeps-in-charge wrt Panik's 'track', but i'm definitely game.

Pity I didnt see those spare planks. Then again, i didn thave a hamme in the car either or nails. But i dont mind using a rock smiley2.gif

btw: how about a group session at a DJ track. I really need to get off the noob ranking when it comes to jumps smiley6.gif Could be a neat skills session for everyone... thoughts?

Ya that would be nice! ummmm where can we go though? i dont know any spots really that ive been to. except in Tokai

Jrussel: what were you mentioning about the opening scenes of Kranked 8? I was skipping thru the vid earlier,but couldnt remember what you were referring to. We were discussing Sam Hill's sick run at the 2008 Worlds in Italy (Val di Sole)...

Jrussel: what were you mentioning about the opening scenes of Kranked 8? I was skipping thru the vid earlier' date='but couldnt remember what you were referring to. We were discussing Sam Hill's sick run at the 2008 Worlds in Italy (Val di Sole)... [/quote']

oh ya! go to 20:13 in the movie, and I was wondering where that place was.

Im in for building at the trail. I would love to have a DJ session, but im leaving for knysna on monday, and getting back on the 4th of Jan, so ill probably only see you guys after that.

Meurant: 083-4505313

Just say to him we are interested in building a proper trail at tokai, and ask if we would be allowed to and where we could obtain permission if we need to.

thanks Mitch. Will do.

Pity about this long weekend, but if you can recommend a place in the interim, other than The Mill at UCT, i will give it a bash. Maybe Jrussel will be game if he has time. Njoi your vac Mitch smiley1.gif

Jrussel: that was the UCI World Cup course at PMB, not sure if that is worlds view though. Awesome track, if you into pedalling. A lot of the riders were moaning about how much pedalling there was. But that track had some hairy jumps. Even Rob Warner the commentator was saying the guys needed to have some balls to clear those jumps. Sick track.

edit: on another site, it says that track is located close to the Cascades Shopping Center in PMB.

Capricorn2009-12-26 09:10:07