The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

Haha Im super stoked to racesmiley1.gif it will be my first ever. so im really keen. and just wondering, how do the shuttles work? how do they tie the bikes down or whatever? or do you hold them? im worried about sssstttannntionnnsss. and is it R200 per day so R400 in totall? or R200 for the event?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Practise on Saturday starts at 12, not sure when it ends, practise on Sunday starts at 9, and race is at 11

glad the practice is 12 on sat. gives me some time to get there and still run around beforehand. Just hope paarl doesnt move to the center of the sun though. It's often just so damn hot there smiley6.gif

Prac should end by about 17h00 i reckon. I will definitely need the saddle time smiley2.gif

It's R200 for the whole event: prac + race + shuttle runs.

At urban assault, it was just two largeass trucks with cattle at the back holding onto their bikes. Just about every rider takes some care not to hook pedals and sh*t onto another guys bike. But if the truck lurches around, sh*t happens. oh and I have yet to see some dude sporting fork protection during shuttle runs. But you can be the first.. the fearless pioneer...smiley17.gif

meh.. faceplantbook...not registered so cant see the content mitch. Surprised that book is a closed one smiley17.gif...

so just a little update for all those who care lol.. im very depressed have not been riding for like 3 months because of building my new bike.. then the frame arrived late to my dad so he couldnt bring it over from miami with him... so now he will only ship it on like monday i guess... new wheels are bought so just saving for a fork now and then i will be ready.. it sucks man i wanna ride so bad :(

seeing as you all love chainreaction so much found this article that may be enjoyable for all of you to read :

yeah. received the email year last about CRC's history, i shed a few tears and hugged my CRC purchases and clutched the invoices to my chest. it was a touching moment..

?

emo-moments aside, what frame you getting speshie? that norco?

Capricorn2010-01-12 03:01:44

Cap,

PAARL DOWNHILL YEAR OPENER

Type:
Network:
Global

Start Time:
Saturday, 16 January 2010 at 12:00
End Time:
Sunday, 17 January 2010 at 17:00

Description

2010 YEAR OPENER AT PAARL, ITS GOING TO BE AWESOME, GETTING SPONSERS TO HAVE SOME REALLY GOOD PRIZES AND RAPHELS! SHUTTLES ON SATERDAY AND SUNDAY SO ITS GOING TO BE A BLAST, EVERYONE MUST COME! ENTRY FEE WILL ONLY BE R200 SO A BIT CHEAPER THAN LAST TIME :) BUT REMEMBER R30 DEPOSIT FOR THE NUMBER BOARD WHICH YOU WILL GET BACK WHEN YOU HAND IT BACK. registration and shuttles on saturday from 12 to 3 and on sunday from 9 to 10:30. racing starts 11 sharp. SO FAR WE HAVE A HELP FROM COKE FOR DRINKS,GECO CYCLES FOR SOME PRIZES AND ON TAP PLUMBING FOR THE SHUTTLE. REDBULL IS GOING TO SEND THE PRETTY GIRLS DOWN TO HAND OUT DRINKS ON THE DAY...

who the f is raphels and why is he being given as a gift to the DHers... very meh.

a raffle however, i do understand in all it's gaylessness..?smiley17.gif

Thanks for the info Jason...

Capricorn2010-01-12 04:17:03

i will definitely try, in fact i think i must, as the warm up session on sunday is almost negligible smiley6.gif This is gonna be a bit tight.

ummmm well could you find prices of DHX 4 and 5. and the 2010 DHX RC4 and the van r

All in this size 7.875 x 2.0