The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja. As soon as I get hold of the wife's camera but this is the internet download pic. It's in keeping with my red and black theme. Gotta match on race day.

20100217_044932_THE.jpg

your_name_here2010-02-17 05:18:31

Haha patches don't worry I won't be the one buying it anytime soon, I just really like the look of the frame. Azonic make the exact frame going on CRC for like 13k. Are you sure the one in you LBS is going for 12.5k? Do they maybe have 2 for sale?

Yup! I'm pretty sure it's R12 500. I was shocked so took a double-take. Then when paying for my tube, I asked the guy who works there why it was so cheap. I was totally thinking of building a freeride bike, but even with CRC one can't build a bike to the same specs for this price.

As for 2... there's only 1 on the floor, but he did say that one of the other guys who works there bought one for himself and loves it... so they have had more than 1 in at a time. they have about 30 other KHS bikes on the floor. KHS make up a large portion of their stock

Seriously... I dream about it at night and how I'm gonna come up with R12 500 before someone else cottons on! haha! This saturday I'll see if I can sneak some pics 
patches2010-02-17 06:30:16

Yes please! Do they have the KHS velvet there by any chance? Lately so have I! I really like the look of the frame and where they have put the shock!

I can't remember seeing one... it was Lucky 7's coil shock that caught my eye, plus it was placed to the side, like a black sheep.

But I'll look out for a Velvet on my next visit... and if they don't have, they're bound to be able to price one and get one in.

Okay it for a friend so if you could get a price on one it would be great. Just been to my LBS seen the brand new 2010 specialized Demo 8 Has a white boxxer Race though atleast I think it was a race as didn't have a valve like the WC or the Adjuster thing like the teams.

[drool!] up here in JHB the DH/FR scene is way smaller than the guys in PMB or CT, so most LBS's don't even bother bringing in anything with more than 5" rear travel.

Probably a good thing though, cos I would be tempted to sell my car to get my hands on a Demo 8, and perfectly happy with pushing the darn thing up the hills on the way to work! haha!
patches2010-02-17 09:58:42

Haha well the shop I work in we get 2 DH bikes a year. My friend just got the Giant Glory but his Dad has sort of hinted that he isn't getting a car now. Must admit I'd so take a Glory over a car.

haha! ...Intense 951 in white and red... trade my car for that anyday smiley4.gif

20100217_101448_20100217_000528.jpg 

patches2010-02-17 10:15:00

Ooo I don't know I prefer the socom, O and we also have a socom in right now bit over priced though they wanting 45k for it with a boxxer race sram X9 RD X7 shifter Avid codes brakes good wheelset with woodman hubs. No chain guide though

My 2 helmets. The D2 is by far the better looking helmet in my opinion. My wife said i can keep both. I love her. Sorry about the crappy quality. took the pic with my phone.

20100218_024317_IMG00053-201002.jpg

your_name_here2010-02-18 02:45:57

very naaice.. I think the THE lids are damn seksi and as functional as any TLD. but, the D3 is the big daddy at the moment, but the price is pukeworthy.

Ja. it is really nice, but how the hell is a D3 more expensive than a Troy lee Air Moto helmet????????????

The prices will come down for certain. They will release the composite ones soon I'm sure. I would expect the composite D3's to cost about the same as a carbon D2.

I know it's just my opinion but the D2 is still the nicest looking downhill lid money can buy.

i dont know what the price of the TLD Air moto lid is, but that D3 is over R5k on CRC. cant imagine how much my wallet would be raped for here in good old ZA.