The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the guys who do machining using lathes and CNC machines etc.

btw: doesn't your school have a machine shop? I bet you can have it made there!

let me ask devon at action cycling tomorrow. he once mentioned having hangars/dropouts machined for his Xtension, which means he might know someone who can do it for you too.

Wonder though if there any hubbers out there who can do this sort of thing?

Capricorn2010-02-22 15:23:16

let me ask devon at action cycling tomorrow. he once mentioned having hangars/dropouts machined for his Xtension' date=' which means he might know someone who can do it for you too.

Wonder though if there any hubbers out there who can do this sort of thing?

[/quote']

...hmm...

well, DHK do you still have a specimen drop-out? One would need to "backward-engineer" it. Then if it's a flat profile, one could get it laser-CNC'd. We got guys that our firm uses for that kinda stuff... and it's reasonable. Put it this way... I can get 2 custom rotors cut for the price that an LBS sells you 1 smiley2.gif.

So yeah... if you still have an example of one, I could do the CAD work for the CNC guys.
patches2010-02-23 00:13:28

I'll have to do some research as to what is currently used. I may go with that... or cos it's for a DH rig, and not for a weight-weenie, we can go with something more robust like 410 Stainless Steel, or S32001 Duplex Steel.

No. for a drop out you use a fairly soft metal. Their is logic to it. Rather have a broken drop out than a bent frame.

good call! I forgot that they play a similar role to shaft keys.

Well, best bet is probably to see what the manufacturers use