The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

sh*t. please ask them not to break it. I could measure it up for you, make the cad drawing and maybe ask old patches to hook us up with some machining.

or find an engineering works who can make it here in cpt.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

finally replaced my bars. I dont think i will go with Spank products in a hurry. I remember receiving hte box with bars inside from jason, and was literally taken about by how light the box+bars were. I thought they were going to flex while riding, but proved to be incredibly stiff.

But after taking them off today, I realized they not that hot a product. Replaced it with some boobar action. That damn bar is BURLY.

yeah. argus sux for freedom of movement. there is such a thing as a track.. smiley17.gif

anyways, what's the feel of the boobar? how it makes u sit within your cockpit, or the finish of it? i quite like the latter. must still ride to test best position.

780mm.?

3mm wider than the spanks, but currently uncut. MIght still trim them down, as i remember with those spikes, i couldnt get past the tree at that little drop at DH2 without either having my front and rear wheels bashing up the rock on the right, or my handlebars clipping the tree on the left. I saw that vid of Needles. thanks but no thanks.

Capricorn2010-03-08 16:54:17

O well that isn't going to help you much 780mm thats mad I'm like 690mm now that is why I'm wanting new bars, needing it to be around 720.

I hate the feel of those boobar so you have a free truvativ bar then???

Hahaha. I HATE the feel of boobars too. I had a sunline v1 on my dh bike. I bought boobars and just could not get used to them. I swoped with Pierre the one day up at tokai. he wanted boobars and I wanted his sunlines.

Now i've got sunlines on my DH bike and my HT. Perfect.

The whole wide bar thing is just so pathetic. seeing a 4 foot 3 15 year old with 780mm bars is laughable. Oh and 1 more thing on the whole boobar Steve Peat obsession. The "boobars" Steve Peat runs are NOT the same as the ones we can buy. take a look at the pics. The bend is far more pronounced than the production bars.

yeah. argus sux for freedom of movement. there is such a thing as a track.. smiley17.gif

anyways' date=' what's the feel of the boobar? how it makes u sit within your cockpit, or the finish of it? i quite like the latter. must still ride to test best position.

[/quote']

With the argus it's easy. just stay away from the M3 and the city bowl. I live in Tokai so i'm gonna hit the M5 and off to paarl. If you live in Muizenberg, Fishhoek, Simons Town you are f**ked. Just go to the stores the day before and have a braai or something cos you trapped.

They are kind of a marmite bar. some people love them others hate them. You get really over the bars wit them

People i know who have or have had them.

Me. Hated got rid of them

Vince. Same story

Rika. cut them down and lifted her stem.

Nick. cut them down

Julian. cut them down

Daniel. cut them down

Pottie. loves them

Deon. loves them

If you want them cut i've got a pipe cutter that i can bring with on Sunday. WAAAY better than trying to cut bars with a hacksaw.

your_name_here2010-03-09 03:18:07

HOWSIT EVERYONE, THIS IS JUST A REMINDER ABOUT

THE SHUTTLE DAY THIS SUNDAY THE 14TH OF MARCH AT PAARL. R100 FOR THE

DAY, SHUTTLE STARTS AT 08:00 AND STOPS AT 11:30 FOR LUNCH AND THE MIDDLE

OF THE DAY. IT STARTS AGAIN AT 14:30 AND GOES UNTILL 18:00PLEASE REPLY

TO THIS EMAIL TO CONFIRM IF YOU CAN MAKE IT OR NOT, THANKS!

STEFAN GARLICKI