The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well you guys aren't the first to ask him to make some I asked and my friend Nic asked and all he said was it is really easy just do it yourself but I will speak to him again

Haha E13 is awesome makes a funny noise but I can't seem to see the chain touching anything but it is impossible to get the chain off even when you try.

hahasmiley17.gif well im off to go practise on some real mans rock gardenssmiley2.gif. Hope the weather holds up!  and my seat.....

so where are these so called real man's rock gardens? smiley2.gif

DHK: thanks for that link. Seems more of a FR bike, but either way, I'm overspent as it is on big ticket items. But to have had a Spesh demo... oi.

Also, for some reason my e.Thirteen also made a funny noise in the beginning. i think the chain was rubbing ever so slightly on the top guide. Also, send your chain thru the whole range of positions on the cassette as I found that initially, the workshop techie didnt do that properly, resulling in the chain rubbing slightly.?

But generally, it runs very quietly. I hope you not thinking hte lack of 'normal' noise is the 'strange noise you are hearing smiley17.gif

That LG1+ really is the beesknees

dammit, only woke up now. those nightshifts really stuffed up my sleeping patterns. anyways, i might be out at Tokai later if anyone is going.

Capricorn2009-11-01 04:52:07

I'm in stellenbosch so can't do much I fitted the E13 myself so I know what's cracking there buy I need new cranks they really have been through the mill funn cranks or truvativ like yours cap

sh*t sorry murray! i left my phone at home. the ride wasnt amazing today. ive had a loooong and tiring weekend and that showed today on DH3 i was just too tired to lift up nicely on the jumps on the way down. but earlier i was happysmiley1.gif just lost my concentration often and was riding the brakes. also did a HUUUGE jump in the freeride track and landed sideways on some pineneedles and then hit a berm and then pedaled off, id imagine it looked pretty sweet but i was sh*t scared, went wayy to fast and forgot about the corner being so close to the jump. but i litrally must of gotten double the amount of air on that jump than the ones on DH3.

Capricorn: Rock gardens.....DH1 at full tilt, i managed to just lift over that steep rocky and rooty section and almost flew off the track, also some cool sections in the begining of DH2. and the freeride tracksmiley1.gif looking forward to having a thru axel and a bigger fork, i really have to lean back allot with the stance on my Nitrous to go fast down the rock gardens and other technical sections, its a little to short for the frame a recon.

But i really wanna have all of us DH'ers in Cape Town at least, having a ride together, wouldnt that be cool?

you see, the difference with those rocky sections at tokai, is the incline helps alot. You dont need to pedal and can just fist you way thru. The stuffon Tblmtn is not technically hard, but the lack of incline slows things down a helluva lot. You just gotta crank and pray you dont mash your pedals.

i see what you sayingsmiley1.gif and i was just kidding earlier, also those rocks in your pictures are loose as apposed to tokia's

no jrussel on all the tracks you could drive a ferrari down tokai that how smooth it is compare to what capricorn was showing tokai nice and flowy