The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

E.THirteeen!!! ROAR!!! well done murray. u finally pimping the 13!!

Bike is looking really good murray!

as for Tokai vs Tbl Mountain wrt rock gardens: i would have to agree with both you, albeit Murray, you cant dispute the fact Tokai does have some nice rockie stuff to negotiate. That thing with tblmtn, is the lack of gradient, and as Jrussel pointed out: the stuff is loose. I kept thing I was going to break my dropout or my rear mech cos the bike was sliding off to a side everytime a rock decided to roll away.

Cant say one is better than the other: it's just different i guess.

Tokai was nice today. Just quiet though. Only saw one or two guys with FF helmets, whom I assume were DH'ers.

Capricorn2009-11-01 11:34:44

Haha I like quiet noone to laugh at you when you bail. I was tried out a little drifting today got some good loose sand to do it on and it so much fun! The best Rock Garden are on the track I made in the cede berg the Rocks are big loose and sharp!

I would like to repaint my bike sometime as never really like the colour it has grown on me but when new cranks come the only thing letting the bike down is the paint so anyone got any ideas of how I can paint her

maybe u should take a decent photo of your frame, against a solid color background, preferably white, and then you can play around with colors in photoshop/paintshop pro/other similar application.

If I can give you advice on colour. Powdercoat the whole bike with white powder, ask the powder coater to add in aluminium flakes. This makes it look like pearl

Nope, saw a sample last year when I got my bike done in orange. Wasn't to my plan on my bike then, but will definately do my next one in that colour

E.THirteeen!!! ROAR!!! well done murray. u finally pimping the 13!!

Bike is looking really good murray!

as for Tokai vs Tbl Mountain wrt rock gardens: i would have to agree with both you' date=' albeit Murray, you cant dispute the fact Tokai does have some nice rockie stuff to negotiate. That thing with tblmtn, is the lack of gradient, and as Jrussel pointed out: the stuff is loose. I kept thing I was going to break my dropout or my rear mech cos the bike was sliding off to a side everytime a rock decided to roll away.

Cant say one is better than the other: it's just different i guess.

Tokai was nice today. Just quiet though. Only saw one or two guys with FF helmets, whom I assume were DH'ers.

[/quote']

When did you go? I went this morning / afternoon

yeah, like coreldraw. takes a bit of work to setup, but you can do ANYthing to it. even uses textures (import photographs of colors that you like as textures). then you can check if what Louis is suggesting for example, will be to your liking or not.

?But have a look at other bikes. might make your selection process a lot simpler.

well, if the color scheme is standard to Scotts, then maybe you can have tokenfreak work his magic for you. Might cost you a pretty clip, but if it's worth it, then it's worthwhile.

He said R500 for wheels and 1200+- for frame so fork will be around R500 I take it

not too bad i guess. I want to have my frame redone as well' date=' but I think might be able to get away for the moment just having new stickers made up. I dont like the xtension logo. It's just so meh. was thinking some black and white lettering (check the Intense 951 FRO in red. Very much to my liking)

Anyone have style tips for my bike, please let me know smiley2.gif

but i'm thinking the best style advice is to just ride this bike as she was intended to be ridden smiley4.gif

Capricorn2009-11-01 12:53:13