The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

180mm front

8inch rear

no clue, haven't checked

sometimes when hitting a ditch

tokai, wheres that? klapperkop (ditch at end) and helderkruin (funny rabbity jumps)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um Capricorn I will be repainting the boxxer too as unfortunatly the way the previous guy ran the front brake cable down the fork really messed the paint up

1) 200mm

2) 240mm at the wheel, 76mm at the shock

3) ~ 30 - 35%

4) Not yet on either fork or shock

5) ?see 4), but i havent tried that road jump yet, so I have to reserve a definitive answer?smiley2.gif

Capricorn2009-11-02 13:37:09

Um Capricorn I will be repainting the boxxer too as unfortunatly the way the previous guy ran the front brake cable down the fork really messed the paint up

repaint completely with new design, or simply repaint so as to restore the original paintwork/design??

ok well thanks everyone so far, looks like i got the least travel of the lot,

5inch front

7inch rear (really lookin forward to ballanceing the bike properly with the Marzo smiley4.gif)

have yet to bottom out my rear at tokai, although i have at our school steps)

yeah, when we hooking up? I really want to get that Marzo working again. So far, zero issues with my EVO, so the 66 can go. still my first luv. She likes it really rough, but look after her smiley6.gif

I dont mean to talk too soon, but the EVO is an awesome fork. Super stiff, very plush out of the box: Classic Marzo stuff. Gobbles up rock gardens. I wonder if anyone else in ZA has one...

Capricorn2009-11-02 14:03:24

DHK: what happened to the hookahs? Not exactly cheap them Funn cranksets. Saw the price on CRC.?

Those cranks were supposed to go on Andy's bike (if Andy still wants it that is). So speak with him. I could arrange a very small price drop. and i mean, very small.

Um Jason spice 5" it sags like 3 when you off the bike and doesn't ever come back up you pull the front brakes and you bottom

its 6' actually, my bad. And you overrate everything. sags 20% and you cant bottom it out unless you pull the front brakes and push down as hard as you can, then it just just taps the top.

Andy does still want it, i spoke to him this morning. he said he isnt sure what you want for it yet? he says you havnt replied.

i have replied, a while back already. I gave him ball park figures based on the configuration eg: with or without the Marzo 66. And we subsequently discussed that between ourselves. So...