Analyzing Polar Precision Performance Software

JoeK

Hi there fellow cyclists,

I have been cycling for about 12 months now. About 5 months ago I bougt the 725x. I got the free polar training software with the unit. What I do after every training session is download the info from unit to pc. I then look at my avg heart rate, distance completed, altitude etc.

Is there a function where I can compare a ride from 3 months ago with a recent one?

It doesn't feel like I am using the software and the hrm to its full potential, and would like some pointers from you guys as to what you do with your training rides regarding analizing etc.

Cheers

Joe
JoeK2009-08-19 08:28:17

I think some suunto products have a function where the software can tell you your training progress in fitness. Not sure though, read it on a thread here somewhere.

Open the one HR file.

Then, while open, go to the "Open Exercises" box

Then left bottom there is a box "compare exercises".  Tick.

It will now place the one graph on top of the other and compare them.

Hope it helps.

(From here you are able to merge the two files as well - Little piece of useless info)

I formated my pc and can't find my disk for my 725 can i download and what should i load.

Sorry for the  hijack.

I downloaded my software from the polar website. I also downloaded the trial version pro trainer.

Wat doen julle ouens na 'n oefen sessie? Laai julle die sessie af en bestudeer dit of stoor julle maar net die oefen sessie om'n databasis van die sessies te hou? By baan wedrenne kan jy die sessies vergelyk en dit sal goed werk. As jy egter 'n oefensessie met 'n ander wil vergelyk moet jy dieselfde pad in die selfde omstandighede ry asook dieselfde afstand. Korrek?

I would like to hear how you guys use your software and units. Do you guys ever use the fitness test on your units?

Wat doen julle ouens na 'n oefen sessie? Laai julle die sessie af en bestudeer dit of stoor julle maar net die oefen sessie om'n databasis van die sessies te hou?

Download een keer 'n week.  Dan loer ek maar of ek genoeg gedoen het of nie.  Wink

By baan wedrenne kan jy die sessies vergelyk en dit sal goed werk. As jy egter 'n oefensessie met 'n ander wil vergelyk moet jy dieselfde pad in die selfde omstandighede ry asook dieselfde afstand. Korrek?

Korrek.

Die vergelyking vir my kom in die opsomming.  Ek kan sien per resies hoeveel min/km ons gedoen het.  VAM.  Klim.  Avg HR ens.

I would like to hear how you guys use your software and units. Do you guys ever use the fitness test on your units?

Nope.  Gebruik so een of twee keer in 'n jaar net om te sien of daar verbetering of verswakking is.