Best MTB shops in Cape Town

reubz

True. I've been in there (Epic) three times and they are one of two shops I will never ever buy from or go into again. Even if they are the last shops standing.

But other people' date=' who know the guys there and probably ride with them, like them and will support them. So yes, it's a personal thing.[/quote']

I understand that some of the Morewood groupies are upset that Epic will be stocking the brand. I think the competition will be good for the industry.

Maybe so, but didn't buy my Morewood from the SSW competition...he's the other shop on my two shop list. Yes, competition is good and I'm glad Morewood is getting bigger exposure and representation.

Just out of interest, why will the Morewood groupies be upset that another shop will be stocking the brand?

Its the whole loyalty / "cult following" thing. Some riders like the exclusivity the brand offered and now feel that the "bling factor" will be negated if there are more Morewoods on the trails.

Thanks guys! We have some great specials on bikes and accessories going so give us a shout if you need' date=' or even if you don't, anything. Open Sat & most public holidays from 9am-2pm and weekdays from 9am-6pm.[/quote']

?

Tell us more ... I can't resist a good special.! Embarrassed

We have specials on Merida, Giant, Schwynn, Felt and Silverback bikes and 10-20% down on all accessories. Our workshop is running a couple of service specials with reductions in replacement parts cost.

Give us a shout to discuss. Some bikes are going for R6k cheaper than the RRP!

Actioncycles off Bree street in Cape Town CBD. I guess they suffer from everyone's usual gripe of somethings being pricey, but they build a good bike. Nice friendly bunch of Marco, Mark and Devon.

Friendliest bunch has to be Load n Go/revolution cycles in Cape Town. Nick and Matty are damn cool, always willing to make it worth your while when buying components.

anyone know of a good shop to get a stumpjumper serviced?  So far its been to two and come back worse than it went in.  First one the gears didn't work when I got it back (they were perfect when I took her in).  Took it to a different shop to get that sorted and got it back with almost no brakes.  I don't know which shop stuffed the brakes up though, but the 2nd shop was supposed to go a complete check.  Guess they never checked the brakes.

Oh and I live in Tableview, work in Mowbray so anything inbetween or close by is good.

My favourite cycle shop is still Geco cycles.  Have had a service and bike setup done there, also and bought a few things and always had great service and lots of friendly useful advice.  Unfortunately I just don't have the time to get there.

Crown Cycle - will always give honest and usefull service!!! Have purchased 4 bikes from them during the last few years.

The other shops (Olympic, Bridge, etc) have a much better selection but will always try to sell you the expensive stuff, which one not always needs.

Actioncycles off Bree street in Cape Town CBD. I guess they suffer from everyone's usual gripe of somethings being pricey' date=' but they build a good bike. Nice friendly bunch of Marco, Mark and Devon.

Friendliest bunch has to be Load n Go/revolution cycles in Cape Town. Nick and Matty are damn cool, always willing to make it worth your while when buying components.

[/quote']

I had good dealings with Action Cycles when they still had the store in Blue Route Thumbs%20Up - getting into he CBD is just too much of a mission.

As for Revolution Cycles, well, the only interaction I've had with them was an email sent last week and I'm yet to receive a response - so not off to a great start. Ouch

My riding buddy supports Revolution as they are just around the corner from him and Bowman's tried to smoke him a couple of times.

He swears by them as he has received great service from them. One Sat ride he damaged his der hanger and phoned them as soon as we got back to the car. They close at 1 on Sat (if I remember correct), but offered to wait for his bike in order to try and fix it so he could ride on the Sun.

Helped him out couple of other times as well.

Suppose good service is in the hands of the handlebar holder or something like that.