Numb hands.

steed

I suffer from seriously numb hands on every ride!

I have side handle bars but even if i change my grip around they dont improve. I literally have to let go to get feeling back- and thats not always that easy!!

Any suggestions?

I used to suffer from numb hands as well as pins and needles, I added a 5mm spacer to my steerer tube and viola! Gone.

I had the same problem but only with road, setup was done and still numb. then I invested in a good quality pair of gloves (Specialized BG) works wonders but at R350 it has to.

Not sure if you've done any reasearce but there is a term for it called handlebar paulsy.

Basically its from nerve compression in you hand when resting on the grips.

So you have tried bar end??? You get these grips called ergo grips or something like that. Basically the grip is not 100% cylindrical but flattens out toward the end of the grip, and provides more surface area to rest your hands on. Those plus bar ends should sort u out.

Remember to change your hand position as often as possible.

Maybe you should of tried the gloves for drivingLOLLOLLOLLOL

I had the same problem but only with road' date=' setup was done and still numb. then I invested in a good quality pair of gloves (Specialized BG) works wonders but at R350 it has to.[/quote']

Not sure if you've done any reasearce but there is a term for it called handlebar paulsy.

Basically its from nerve compression in you hand when resting on the grips.

So you have tried bar end??? You get these grips called ergo grips or something like that. Basically the grip is not 100% cylindrical but flattens out toward the end of the grip' date=' and provides more surface area to rest your hands on. Those plus bar ends should sort u out.

Remember to change your hand position as often as possible. [/quote']

Buy my forks and you get the Ergon grips free!!!!

Your setup is wrong. You should be leaning on your bars that much. Weight should me more over the BB towards the back.

Specialized Body Glove technology!

Your handlebar is putting pressure on a specific nerve that runs under your ulnar bone. These gloves are designed to relieve that pressure.

They work for me and they were well worth the extortionist cost.

I have a similar problem and just happened to be looking for advice. i have a road bike, and after about an hour on the bike the "drumstick" portion of my thumb is so sore I cant put any pressure on it. Also, it feels as though my 1 elbow is bruised, it doesnt hurt while im riding, but afterwards I cant put any pressure on it. I havent been riding for long, only a month or 2 and I never had a problem before. i dont want to have to get the bike speically set up, but what can I try moving to stop the pains?

I have a similar problem and just happened to be looking for advice. i have a road bike' date=' and after about an hour on the bike the "drumstick" portion of my thumb is so sore I cant put any pressure on it. Also, it feels as though my 1 elbow is bruised, it doesnt hurt while im riding, but afterwards I cant put any pressure on it. I havent been riding for long, only a month or 2 and I never had a problem before. i dont want to have to get the bike speically set up, but what can I try moving to stop the pains?[/quote']

I advise to get a setup, before you injure your self worse, if set up does not do the job then you can try other options; gel under handel bar tape special gloves and so on.