Crater Cruise

mtbrd

Varkie, sorry to hear smiley19.gif. I also donated a Hilux KZTE at the beginning of the year when doing the FastOne, so I feel your pain !

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a entry for the Cruise' date=' and yesterday they decided to take my car to Mamelodi with no intension to bring it back!

What was in my boot?

My helmet, cycling shoes, oakley shades*2,oakley watch, cycling toolbox, computer, saddlebag, pumps, cycling clothes, gloves, camelback and all the small accesories...

So enjoy the ride!!
[/quote']

That sucks dude

how is the 56km route' date=' flat/fast?[/quote']

2wh33ls, there is a sh*t load of climbs and descents. Fortunately they're only about 2cm high. The only real climb is Sorry Hill towards the end of the race.

Fairly flat, lot's of corrugation and one rock over a mountain side, then a nice short, fast ride through a forest, over a man made bridge and into a building.

So I assume it will be fast race <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2wh33ls, there is a sh*t load of climbs and descents. Fortunately they're only about 2cm high. The only real climb is Sorry Hill towards the end of the race.

i cried there smiley19.gif

I get the eerie sensation that you were not the only one. I think that Cry Like a Girl Hill would be a more suited name. Worst part is there is camera man riiiight at the top so you have to look your Sunday best when you past him.

I get the eerie sensation that you were not the only one. I think that Cry Like a Girl Hill would be a more suited name. Worst part is there is camera man riiiight at the top so you have to look your Sunday best when you past him.

Do they take a picture even when you're pushing your bike?

Nope, thats usually when the guys from SuperCycling or MiWay MTB corners you for some silly questions LOL

Nope, thats usually when the guys from SuperCycling or MiWay MTB corners you for some silly questions LOL

i reckon my comments would have been edited out...to add insult ti injury, the field after the climb was full of knee-deep mud the year i did it. i came across another hubber - who shall remain nameless - in that field also crying... smiley19.gif

i reckon my comments would have been edited out...to add insult ti injury, the field after the climb was full of knee-deep mud the year i did it. i came across another hubber - who shall remain nameless - in that field also crying... smiley19.gif

Reminds me of that scene in the movie Enemy at the Gates where the Russians storm Stalingrad and one guy gets issued with a gun and the others with an ammo clip. The guys who get issued with ammo has to source their own guns from fallen comrades. Everybody looks piss scared, in tears and really confused.