Stolen Ultimate Wheel - RECOVERED

jogglingflurpy

If you know how to weld aluminium, I'm very interested.

The bigger the Ultimate Wheel, the better.  The one i lost was 24'', blue exactly as on picture and brand new.  If you are really interested, build a 28''.  I'll pay for the parts.

Problem for me was finding something to screw the pedals in: The one pedal screws in counter clockwise.

I ended up sawing off cranks from old bicycle parts and embedding it the wooden disk, which did not work too well.

The design on the Youtube vid above is very nice, but once again, I anticipate the counter-clock-wise groove to screw on the pedals, will be a problem.

jogglingflurpy2009-09-13 16:06:04

Found it!!!

Someone stole the wheel, removed the tube and tyre, and sold it at a scrap metal shop.

Someone bought it (I was told for R3) and took it to a local bike shop to have a tyre and tube fitted.

I went to local bike shops, and the owner told me he just fit a tyre to the wheel, and that he would get hold of his customer.

Shortly thereafter the guy that had the tyre fitted phoned me and told me he bought the wheel from a dump not knowing it was stolen, and told me to pick it up.  I'm giving him the money he spent on the tyre, and a bit of a reward.

It is a bit scratched, possibly since having other metal dumped onto it, but nothing serious.

Thanks for all assistance and comments.

I'm really glad you got it back! I thought you would never see it again, and am very happy to be wrong about that. Being the only UW in the Western Cape, I need to come visit to give it a go. Incidently, can the guy who bought it ride it?

Woft "...can the guy who bought it ride it?"

No chance.  You are the only guy I know of that can of ride it.

When I fetched it, I told him if he can get on it, he can keep it.  He did not even try.

We had a nice talk about uni's, and who knows, maybe he'll start riding one.

As I'm typing this, my legs and back is cramping after playing for less than 15mins on the wheel.  It is very exhausting.

...I told him if he can get on it' date=' he can keep it.  He did not even try.

[/quote']

LOLLOL

LOL

We had a nice talk about uni's' date=' and who knows, maybe he'll start riding one.

[/quote']

That would be one more of us and one less of them:P

Played with my recovered wheel today.

Great fun.

Actually got the hang of the thing.

I've done about 150m without bailing on an ultimate wheel, which must be a WP record. Until I give Johnny a go at least.