GARMIN EDGE 305 Problems

Li Mu Bai

Yes, Edgar raises an issue.  I have always purchased Garmin locally as Avnic will not honour warranty's for units purchased abroad.  At a rough guess I can get a 705 through CRC for R3700 and here it will cost me around R5000.  When I have a warranty claim I send to Avnic and it costs me R50 for Speed Services and then they quibble and delay.  Will I get different service if I return to CRC?  Perhaps it's worth the risk.  In the past CRC have been fantastic on warranty returns.  Surely if we are paying a premium for a warranty we should get premium service?  I still have not sent in my unit.  I am leaving it till after my next race, then I'll put Avnic to the test and let you know!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 305 came from my son in the UK as a birthday present. It started with the switching off thing and I took it to Avnic. They replaced it, no problems. Same happened with the 3rd one. Took it in and said I didn't buy the thing to be repaired every week. Paid R1800.00 and walked out with a 705!

I can not complain about the service at Avnic. I do think however that their response is is directly equivalent to the customers attitude!