Crunch time - new frame

MichH

Well, I paid 11k for my frame including back shock. Prices went up slightly. Might be within range still though.

Mampara, is it a medium? I want to test out tomorrow

Mints, who can I chat to about Titus?

Desertbob, don't ask! Had the Scott for 6 months (about 1500km already) but she's holding me back from greater things. Bit small for me

Mich....Bowman Cycles in CT imports them. Their number is 021 423-2527 if you wanna try.

It might be tricky getting info as the guy who always handles the Titus stuff went in for an opp on Tuesday.

I will speak to them. If they can't help I'll give him a call. He's a longtime friend and I'm sure he won't mind.

Will let you know.

Ok....what I can tell you at this stage is that they have a shipment of frames coming in in approximately 3 weeks.

I will try and speak to Shane over the weekend, but I'm not going to make promises.

What Titus did for 07 was to upgrade the MotoLite with a new rear-suspension, including carbon fibre swinglink and seatstays and a new hydroformed chainstay section. Those frames(called the MotoLite 2), working on the formula Shane has always told me to use, should retail for between 15-16k.

Last years version with the aluminium rear(the one I have and prefer.....don't like CF on a MTB) is still in production and sold as a complete bike only.

However, I'm pretty sure on the previous shipment they did get some of these as frames only. So, if they do get more of them you should be looking at 11-12k.

These are my guestimates, but like I said, using the (simple)formula Shane gave me it should be thereabout.

Will try get hold of him this weekend but don't wanna bother him too much since although we've known each other for close on 14 years, I have been a rather difficult(read:FULL OF $H!T) customer in the past Embarrassed