PPA seeding run already includes last race

MCDreyer

using the old formulae of 100-(adjusted winner/your time x 100) gives me a lower seeding that the one ppa gives. It must be the new formula peterm describes above' date=' althou he lost me! 

[/quote']

Fanie, you are more connected with the ppa, cant you organise the new formula?

best will be to phone the PPA and speak to karin, but I do not have time or krag to do it today.  You give it a try, Wink.  But i'm 100% sure you will only be more frustrated afterwards than before.

OK forget about that formula it does not work. Things have got even worse for the same race my seeding dropped from 16.5 to 23

ok, I was just going to test it.

I nominate Wayne to call the ppa for the seeding.

I am sick in bed, so im "Nicky not on"   (tapping my head)

Ok the formula I posted earlier does work , but not for the last race Durbanville High , some how the added four extra points ( I've got to stop crossing that f&^%ing white line).Tongue

The problem is usually the adjusted winners time.

WCE actual time = 2:01;34 - 'seeding' winners time = 1:55;39

Durbanville actual time = 2:15;49 - 'seeding' winners time = 2:11;19

With it being this way even the winner is on the fringe of the first group. He would have to finish 4-5 minutes ahead of himself to have zero'd, without that being adjusted forward again. Eishh... Gotta love this adjusted winners time thing.

Only the seeding series races are weighted enough to use the true actual finishers time.

The calculations I made both used the adjusted winners time (Last years WCE they adjusted the winning time buy almost 15 minutes) but with the new formula there is a difference of 2-3 points. The problem is as seem last week with the crash cycling is getting very popular and as it is to expensive to have full road closure the have to find way to thin out the front groups.