MTB Question

Mar

I have been riding for about two years now (on and off).

When going downhill or over obstacles and stuff I keep my middle and index finger extended and ready to brake here and there. But the problem is that those two fingers "locks" and I sort off have to "click" them them to apply brakes.... I think it might be because I tense up? Not sure if this makes any sense?

What can be the problem?

I have been riding for about two years now (on and off).
When going downhill or over obstacles and stuff I keep my middle and index finger extended and ready to brake here and there. But the problem is that those two fingers "locks" and I sort off have to "click" them them to apply brakes.... I think it might be because I tense up? Not sure if this makes any sense?

What can be the problem?

Sikes, it can be you are holding on too tight maybe or maybe your levers are facing too high. When you are standing and holding your grips and your brakes your hands and wrists must be in their natural position a much as possible.

You must not squeeze your grips like you wanna kill them either. Always try and keep a fairly relaxed grip as much as possible.

Try both and you should be fine. If not then get your Doc to check out your fingers cause they shouldn't "Click" ;-)

There is some kind of medical condition that locks up your fingers. I have the same problem, it's called some kind of syndrome, not sure. You have to see a physio about it...