Look Cleat float issue

Tankman

I fitted new cleats on my look keo sprint pedals, problem is that the left seems to be way more loose fitting than the right.

What am I missing?

I have adjusted the tension on the left almost as far as it would go and still the cleat floats around a whole lot.

The right is perfect, tight fit and doesnt move more than the 4.5 degrees it is supposed to.

What else should I be looking out for?

also of the opinion that when I was using shimano cleats and pedals, the shimano cleats lasted much longer than the look cleats, anyone agree/disagree?

But I did answer but it did not appear. I thought you started another one. Anyway, here is what I said.

If you do not fit the cleats 100% square on the sole of the shoe, the curvature (now that is a big word) of the sole can pull the cleat out of shape. Not much but enough so that it does not fit the pedal perfectly. Maybe the right side one is perfect but the left is not.

Thanks Mampara, dont know what happened to your answer yesterday, this is not a new thread.

I have the cleats aligned pretty straight, i dont like pedaling with any angles. Also compared the left and right and they are the same distance from the front and back (markings on the sole)

moved the cleat back a bit, didnt make a difference.

how easy is it for the pedal to wear out, these are about a year old?

i am stuck with these for now' date=' so any other suggestions?[/quote']

I've got brand new Kore pedals,but no cleats so if you can find some we can talk a very good price i will put some pictures up if you want

buying new pedals will not solve the issue...

It's a simple machine, there must be some logic. Compare each pedal, measure parts and make the tensions the same. Try the cleat on another shoe if you have one...try your cleat in someone else's pedal... swap the cleats over shoe to shoe...

Elimination is the only way...

thanks tarmac - there seems to be a problem with the tension, no matter how much i tighten it, it doesnt seem to have and effect. What can I do about this?

will swap the cleats as a last attempt

Thanks Zippo, received you mail, but i have no need for mtb pedals.