Biker threatens cyclist -Princess Audi

Silverstreak

Went and rode the Princess Audi -Springs Girls High 98km yesterday. I decided to teach down & ride with a slower beginer group of 5 riders. Great day for riding ! Coming in at about the 90km mark -road was a bit narrow- we rode a tight 2 abreast -with a follower marshall behind us. Two motor cyclists came up next to me in front ! first one swore and said that we were holding up the traffic for 2km (which was %#@!"), then after I shouted to him and told him he is a complete ------- and could he not see a race on !!! His buddy pulls up next to me and starts to force me of the road to the left (nobody fell ). I tried to reach his helmet and pull him off his bike- but he took off ! The Marshal behind us - chased him and took a pic of his number plate - then handed it to the traffic officials ! Lets see if this "Fool" gets his due !

Thanks to all the "other" motor cyclists who help with all our races - you guys are still great ! Also to the marshals - who are always there for us ! I suppose there will always be one "pea" in a packet of peanuts !!
Silverstreak2009-10-26 01:48:42

Went and rode the Princess Audi -Springs Girls High 98km yesterday. I decided to teach down & ride with a slower beginer group of 5 riders. Great day for riding ! Coming in at about the 90km mark -road was a bit narrow- we rode a tight 2 abreast -with a follower marshall behind us. Two motor cyclists came up next to me in front ! first one swore and said that we were holding up the traffic for 2km (which was bullsh*t)' date=' then after I shouted to him and told him he is a complete ------- and could he not see a race on !!! His buddy pulls up next to me and starts to force me of the road to the left (nobody fell ). I tried to reach his helmet and pull him off his bike- but he took off ! The Marshal behind us - chased him and took a pic of his number plate - then handed it to the traffic officials ! Lets see if this "Wop Fool" gets his due !

Thanks to all the "other" motor cyclists who help with all our races - you guys are still great ! Also to the marshals - who are always there for us ! I suppose there will always be one "fart" in a packet of peanuts !!
[/quote']

Unfortunately the "fart" in a packet of peanuts theory works both ways. There are many many farts in cycling as well!!!!!!!!! Big H2009-10-26 03:51:51

Violence begets violence.

Unfortunately you escalated his behaviour with your own.

Despite the motorbiker's inappropriate verbal behaviour, I find it difficult to find any sympathy with your response and the potential disaster you almost created.

Imagine if you had managed to pull the said biker off his machine. You would be facing serious charges, likely have injured a number of people including yourself and the beginners were trying to teach.

You have set an extremely poor example to the group you were trying to help.

Think before you act.

If you had just raised your hand to acknowledge the biker's complaint, you would have diffused the situation.

Your story unfortunately tells more about you than about the biker.

Now flame away.

silverstreak, is there really a need to use the derogatory term in your rant? I'm sure there are a number of hubbers of italian descent who may find it offensive.  

Violence begets violence.Unfortunately you escalated his behaviour with your own.Despite the motorbiker's inappropriate verbal behaviour' date=' I find it difficult to find any sympathy with your response and the potential disaster you almost created.Imagine if you had managed to pull the said biker off his machine. You would be facing serious charges, likely have injured a number of people including yourself and the beginners were trying to teach.You have set an extremely poor example to the group you were trying to help.Think before you act.If you had just raised your hand to acknowledge the biker's complaint, you would have diffused the situation.Your story unfortunately tells more about you than about the biker. Now flame away.

[/quote']

I agree!

But I admit I struggle to control my anger many a times and put myself and sometimes my wife in danger. I'm working on it... Slow to anger - slow to anger...

There was many motobikes on the route yes, personally I would not tried the helmet thing you tried, I don't wanna risk injury/damage to myself others and my/others bike. Very brave or very stupid.

silverstreak' date=' is there really a need to use the derogatory term in your rant? I'm sure there are a number of hubbers of italian descent who may find it offensive.  [/quote']

Thank you Holy

On a positive note, a thumbs up for the large truck's on the route yesterday, the ones i saw made a wide berth when overtaking cyclists unlike some car drivers.  

silverstreak' date=' is there really a need to use the derogatory term in your rant? I'm sure there are a number of hubbers of italian descent who may find it offensive.  [/quote']

Thank you Holy

no worries. have reported the post. i hope it's removed.

My apologies ! Confused  But you should of heard the langauge & hand signs given by the first motor cyclist ! Mine where meek & mild !!

WOW, again the cyclist is in the WRONG first...what I read here is that a MOTORCYCLIST started this...

The the 2nd Motorcyclist tried to pus the cyclist of the road...THUS what the cyclist did was and RE-action not an action....

Why is it that the cyclist is now in the wrong?