Planet X saddle

capeofstorms

Hi

Anyone buy a planet x superlight saddle over the past week? The width of the rails seems too wide and does not seem to fit on a standard seatpost

I tried it on a thomson elite seatpost but won't fit. Anyone else have the same problem. What seatpost is this saddle meant to fit on?

Regards
capeofstorms2009-11-14 11:44:32

I just fitted my saddle this morning and no problems. Rails are exactly the same width as my OEM SDG. I also have a stock standard OEM seatpost.

But on the saddle, wow!!!

Really awesome and what a pleasure to have a descent saddle. I now understand why everyone spends money on it. I must say that with this saddle you would need to spend 3-4 times the prices to get something better.

Hi Cbrunson

What seatpost did you install it on? This is very weird. Spoke to Kiwi and he thinks its freakish. I eventually had to buy a Fizik Arione to install on the Thomson Elite. The width of the rail for the Plane X saddle is 50mm and for the Arione 48mm. Doesn't make sense as I thought this should all be standard

That does sound strange, bought my second one and used it for 94.7 road and it fitted fine on my Specialized seatpost.

Used my previous one on a thompson with no problems.

I have one on my Thomson and it fits better then the Charge Spoon which I had to wiggle open a bit wider.

Hi

Then the only conclusion that I can come to then is that the Thomson Elite seatpost that I bought a week back from an LBS in tygervalley for R750 is defective!!

What is the standard for the width of the rails, outer to outer. I'm told 50mm

capeofstorms2009-11-17 03:57:04