FC6600 BB spacers?

Rocket-Boy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously you have some ninja google skills! I looked flatout for a pic like that and couldnt find one!

Thanks again for all the help.

Thats the worst part of all, they are a *very* long standing store where im from and I have beenusing them happily for years.

You guys are the best, thanks so much for all the replies. I dont really think I can demand a new one as it was a second hand crank in the first place. I just want them to remove the stupid spacers they put on in the first place!

With regards to what happened when it came off... it was lets say uncomfy!

It was only my second ride with cleats and I almost came off when one leg suddenly wasnt there and the other was still stuck to the pedal Ouch

Im chalking the whole thing up to experience though.

I was planning on taking the bike back anyway as they didnt even adjust the FD limit screws properly and the chain jumps off when you shift to the lower ring and again when you shift past the top ring. Im just generally disappointed with the work they did.

Ya the FD settings will be out as the whole chainline is out...Makes me wonder how they (couldn't have) fitted the plastic cap to preload the bearings...

Well that plastic cap is a current bone of contention.

I didnt have it to begin with because it was a second hand crank and the cap was missing. They installed the crank and claimed that they couldnt get a cap from the agents. I emailed coolheat and they recon they have but wont be able to sell one to me that I should contact a LBS. I tell them the LBS claims they cant get me one, so the real kicker is that they give me a contact number for a LBS in EL that can get it and ... its the same people!

I basically told coolheat to get stuffed becaused they still refused to help. Now I need to order a R32 plastic bolt from CRC and pay R150 courier. Its absolutely crazy!

Ya its an ongoing battle, Coolheat don't wan't to upset "their" shops by selling direct so they point you to the same shop that can't (couldn't be bothered to) help you so coolheat wind up getting the bad name, instead of saying no problem, we'll just send the part to the shop wether they like it or not and sort the problem out... 

Coolheat again...Censored

I know of atleast 1 shop in Cpt that has in stock, make that only 1 shop, R20ea..

It's not CWC, they didn't even entertain me when I was looking for 1. Can give you their details & I'm sure they'll help you out by posting it to you.

Let me know.

Dealer01 you would make my day if you could send those details to me!

It cant be more expensive than importing from CRC.

The whole Coolheat thing really puts me off Shimano.

Im hoping the LBS will sort out the crank issues on Thursday so I have it back for the weekend. Being in Botswana at the moment doesnt help my cause much!

That's why, if I lived in Gauteng, I would've definitely done one of JB's courses, that way I never had to trust a LBS with my bikes again!!!!

That's why' date=' if I lived in Gauteng, I would've definitely done one of JB's courses, that way I never had to trust a LBS with my bikes again!!!!

[/quote']

With all respect to JB his word isn't gospel...

That's why' date=' if I lived in Gauteng, I would've definitely done one of JB's courses, that way I never had to trust a LBS with my bikes again!!!!

[/quote']

Some people need a hero, I say let them be.

[/quote']

With the exception of Ray McCauley, Billy Graham and Moses himself, I think no-one's word is gospel. I don't think I ever claimed otherwise.

What's your point? Why snipe annonymously?

Techguy, rhetorically you're not making the cut. Follow the conversation. @Mr Mulebar - I find it absolutely amazing how many incompetent people there are working in LBS workshops! hence the next post in reply @carelgrundlingh - That's why, if I lived in Gauteng, I would've definitely done one of JB's courses, that way I never had to trust a LBS with my bikes again!!!! In elementery rhetoric I would have rephrased it as follow:

Mr Mulebar I agree. I wish I knew how to fix everything on a bicycle myself. But I don't. Therefore it would've been to my advantage to attend a course/workshop on "How to service your own bike". But unfortunately in the Limpopo province, where I reside, to my knowledge, such courses don't excist. Had I been living in Gauteng I could have attended a course, for I know of at least one guy, one Johan Bornman, who frequently teach such a course. Mr Mulebar, there might even be some other upstanding bicycle mechanics how run such a course, but I do not have any knowledge of them. If you, yourself teach such a course, please do not feel affended that I do not have any knowledge of that. Johan Bornman have served me with invaluable advice in the past, some at inconvenient times, thus I do trust him with issues pertaining to bicycles.

@Techguy - you're also valuable to all the hubbers. We do apreciate you. We really don't want you to feel unimportant. You are important to us. The hub is a safe place. Here you can just be you. We will like you for you. You don't have to compete with anybody - we will just like you, because you are you. Big%20smile

PS. JB's advice is almost NEVER gospel!!!! That I promise you -

euangellion means good news. When I ask for JB's assistance its more often than not bad news for my wallet, my bike or my pride, so rest assured, no Gospel from JB!Wink

carelgrundlingh2009-12-09 05:46:05