bike valuation

Chilton

2 bikes for sale but no idea what they are worth.  First is a De Rosa ud, carbon, 54cm, 8 years old and used twice.  Second, TREK ZR9000, custom alloy, 54cm, 5 years old - NEVER been used.  Any ideas anyone?  Will then post them on the Hub website

photos?

how does a 8 year old bike only get used twice?

and a 5 year old bike never?

oh yea, this is the Hub website!

You need to give us more details, like what groupset each bike has. A picture will also help determine a price.

will post pics. 5 year old bike bought when i moved from UK but then I fell pregnant and have had little inclination to cycle since once I've witnessed how poorly people drive here. 8 year old bike purchased with the best of intentions but my husband's sport is swimming, not cycling - hence has idled in our garage.

am a complete novice in cycling terms. No idea what a group set is?? The TREK cost R20,000 in a sale and the De Rosa cost R35,000. Obviously, technology has moved on somewhat. Will post bike pics

• 2 months later...
Guest Agteros

groupset: model/make of gears (front and read) as well as gear/brake levers, as well as brakes on the bike?

What model/make (type of material) is used in the frames?

What wheels (rims & hubs) are on the bikes?

details...  all that is asked is

Even better, close up pictures of the said items (photos should be in focus and not be grainy)... preferably with the bike on the couch