Handlebar tape, wtf?

AndreZA

I almost fell on my back when I had to fork out R120 for the cheapest handlebar tape I could find. It was ITM and embossed with the logo. Not happy about that but will have to do. Not even the Rav-X or Pro were cheaper. Then there are some that is like R400 a set. What the hell for?

That is a bit steep as the rav-x (depending on the type) can retail for less than R100 and the Pro stuff (depending on the type) shouldn't be more than R120 I'm talking about the "gel cork" type...

I almost fell on my back when I had to fork out R120 for the cheapest handlebar tape I could find. It was ITM and embossed with the logo. Not happy about that but will have to do. Not even the Rav-X or Pro were cheaper. Then there are some that is like R400 a set. What the hell for?

as jy stupid is moet jy k&k LOL

Waar shop jy dan ? CL ... ? Wink

Are all tapes imported?

I find tape quite cheap overseas +/-R70 for deda, and only R110 for fizik. Banging it in a suitcase and bringing it home is no problem, but buying collectable tapes (de rosa, colnago etc embossed types) on-line and shipping works out hellish expensive because of the volume/weight calculation. So I could see the problem that importers face to bring good prices.

I wouldn't mind buying off a roll by the meter for my training wheels. Especially if I can benefit from price. I dont need the fancy box and plugs. I prefer electrical tape anyway to finish. Is this not something bike shops could investigatetarboy2010-01-04 03:06:29

as jy stupid is moet jy k&k LOLWaar shop jy dan ? CL ... ? Wink

nee nie CL nie maar 'n local baie gewilde shop hier bo. Al die ander shops hou nie eers ordentelikke stock aan nie. Dit is of daai two-tone junk of Fizik and dit is jou enigste keuses.

Baught new bar tape for my new ride a couple weeks ago. ZAR 85. Parra, you obviously shop at the wrong LBS.

You should get cotton tape. Lasts forever, you can stick it in the washing machine if it gets dirty, sew it up if you fall and it gets damaged, and it's 100% organic!

You should get cotton tape. Lasts forever' date=' you can stick it in the washing machine if it gets dirty, sew it up if you fall and it gets damaged, and it's 100% organic!

[/quote']

What about padding?

Where do you get this or do you cut up linen strips yourself?

Woofie2010-01-06 02:05:55