MTB Wheelset advice

WRIGHTLIGHT

I am currently wanted to upgrade my wheelset to something lighter.

I currently run a set of Alex TD24 Tubeless setup with Karma's.

Was looking at the Shimano XT, American Classics and the DT Swiss 1900's

50% trail riding and 50% 45km XC races.

I know the American Classics are light....but how reliabe are the sealed bearings.

How good are the XT's??

You can't really compare the American Classics to the DT 1900's or XT's because they are lighter by a big margin.

DT1900 are solid wheels.

I have 3 sets of American classics, and one other set with American classic hubs.

I'm 68kg, and use my American classics for every day riding. I do about 1000km offroad a month and I get at least one year from a set of bearings, but my one set is almost 2 years old now and only need new bearings NOW. I must say that I open the hubs every 6000km or so, pop the bearing seals out, wash them, regrease them with castrol WB grease and they are fine again.

Oh... and I use a high pressure cleaner to clean my bike...

I have seen a DT XR1 on a Scott Scale with worn bearings after very little riding... AMC's are fine if you're 70kg or so...

Ok... I like Amercan Classics and my latest set is the new tubeless type...

But... why not looking at building a custom set on CRC with Hope Pro 2 hubs and ZTR 355's?  Heavier with the Hope hubs, but same rotational weight as American Classics...  

CRC doesn't do the ZTRs on a custom build, but you can try buying Hope Hoops with them. Nice and cheap.

Another option would be Hope Pro II's with the Mavic UST rim, I think the light one is the 819.

Dont disregard the XT wheels.

Good strong solid (but not light) build would be Hope on 819 with DT Comp spokes from CRC.

How good are the ALEX XCR Pro Scandium Wheels

6 bolt, 32 spoke hubs

Double butted spokes DT spokes

Light weight Scandium rims

1509 grams a pair exlcuding skewers