Bike computer with remote

Capricorn

Hey Hubbers

Need recommendations for a bike computer that uses some sort of wired/wireless thumb operated remote for start/stop/lap time control. Remote should be able to attach to the handle bars. I was thinking of buying a cheapo computer and just soldering on some wires to connect a little microswitch located near one of me thumbs to do as I require.

at the moment, i have to check my wrist watches stop watch by lifting my hand off the bars, and sometimes i struggle to get the watch out from under the sleeve of my top. Hands off h-bars not a good thing in the gnar.

I think Shimano does one, the Dura Ace Shifters have two little bumps on the hoods that can accommodate a switch for the Shimano computer.

Googling it should find something.

yeah, something similar is the ticket. I dont have shimano components, so the dur-ace flight deck wont work. But thanks for the recoms smiley1.gif

Guest Agteros

A Polar? Handlebar mount? auto stop / pause. Manual / auto lap function. Not el cheapo, but should work.

not necessarily a polar. But if it does what I require, then that's the solution. I just want the remote conveniently located for thumb actuation, like trigger shifters.

Get yourself a Shimano Flightdeck. All Shimano stis come with little buttons to operate the computer exactly as you have described. Campag have a similar one called an Ergobrain.

The buttons are those little bumps that you see on the inside of the StiEugene2010-01-24 14:05:59

As i mentioned previously, while the flightdeck would be awesome, it won't work with my SRAM setup. Also, it's for an MTB.

?Might just be simpler to roll my own.

Capricorn2010-01-24 14:03:39