I just have to say....

Capcha

Hi BumpNgrind.

I take it your talking about Groenkloof and not groendakkies? LOL

Im on thatchfield side so its not that far. At the moment im training by the quary at olivenhoutsbosch. some really nice trails and river. Funny thing was when i got home i thought i was doing like 60km/h down one of the trail, but when i looked(once i stood up off the floor), my max speed was only 38 Embarrassed

I also understand why some people go for full suspension cs my bike behaved like a bucking bronco!!
exclusive2010-01-22 07:45:24

Quite inspirational guys! And here I am battling to get the last 1.5kg's off to get to 61kg. I also started again just before 94.7 last year after a three year off. Things are looking better every week and I'm hoping to do the Paris-Brest-Paris next year.

Clap

Yes Bateluer' date=' I stay in Centurion. I will take you up on the offer but maybe only in 2 months time once I can get my avg speed and Mileage up a bit. Only avg 11.8km/h today
[/quote']

Congrats.

I started cycling last year March. Weighed in at over 103kg (should be 80kg) and my health was going downhill very, very fast.

Had a wakeup call when I saw a photo of myself taken in February. I was about to repair my motorbike and decided to spend the money on a MTB instead.

I kaked off the first 100m on my virgin ride. My commute to work was painful and slow - it was a friggin 5km walk to the office LOL LOL LOL

10 months on I'm now 89kg (I eat / drink whatever I want to and don't diet) all thanks to cycling. I suffer from asthma and cycling has helped me a lot.

I commute each day and it makes a difference to my well being. I'm a software developer which means I sit all day. I've also made many new friends through cycling - actually I've not made so many friends since school.

Have fun and cycle safe.

Desert Dash here we come ... oh wait ..... wait ..... wait.... 9 months .... then there will be 2 !LOL

Thanks for all the Thumbs%20Up guys, much appreciated. Hope to get to meet all of you some time on the ~~~~ ===== trails.

Yep 1 year ago now. WEIGHED in a A whopping 119.6 kg. Smoked 60 a day and about 3 chocolates and 2L coke a day.

Came in at 98kg this week and steadily losing. Gym also for 8 months now to. Heart rate was down to 55 to 57 about a month ago. First 45km ride at KARKLOOF festival last year was 4H10. Did the MR PRICE TRAILblazer 45km in Karkloof 4 weeks ago in 2h50. I can honestly say MTbiking has changed my life. Cycling honestly is the best sport ever to have been invented!   smiley1.gif

No definately no smoking. Stopped 1st Jan 2009 and never looked back. Was roff at first as I also went on diet at the same time so had no escape eating clause. I can remember vividly trying to ride my bike just after I stopped. I did about 2kms only and felt as if my lungs would explode. To this day I think I am still getting rid of the crap that is sitting in my lungs. I am sure I have prolonged my life by at least 20 years barring accident. My next goal is really to see how good I can get. A very lofty goal but I want to break into the top 500 seaded mtbikers in our province this year. Being a sub vet makes it even harder but you must set goals to get better. CHEERS