Seeding & License

alan4251

Hey There,

iI am quite new at the cycling thing and enjoying it like mad. can someone please help me and explane this seeding thing and how it works. and the license thing, lets say i want to license myself and ride in the vets 40 + does this mean no time seeding or what ? and if i dont license does this mean all my times will seed me in all the larger events like the 94.7 and so on, or what ?

someone please help Ouch

Full license if you want to race provincial and nationals, otherwise cyclosport lic is needed. If you have cyclosport lic and your seeding is good enough to qualify for the vets 40+ you will be slotted in depending on how much space there is, otherwise you will be seeded in open category.

If you are seeded in the vets but would rather race open then you can fall back.

cool, Thanks for the help. If i dont license will i then automatically be seeded in the open class according to my previous times all depending if the race was timed by champion chip or racetec. One other thing is when i enter a race am i automatically seeded licensed or not.

i also found the explanation on the my race site rather lame.

in the past you have always been required to produce a lisence for any of the racing groups in all the big events.

it seems its no longer needed.

ok, so if its not needed anymore then how the hell does it work because i really want to ride in groups that are at the same level as what i am. and not have to dodge and dive traffic in the open class, that kills me and really buggers up my time.

cool' date=' Thanks for the help. If i dont license will i then automatically be seeded in the open class according to my previous times all depending if the race was timed by champion chip or racetec. One other thing is when i enter a race am i automatically seeded licensed or not. [/quote']

Its better and cheaper to take out membership. Try ROAG membership is free, you just need to take out a CSA lic (R75 for Cyclosport)

someone mentioned the other day that if you had PPA membership, you automatically had a cyclosport license.

is this true?

Forgot to add cyclosport is multi discipline, so you can race road, mtb, BMX, track, anything on 2 wheels without an engine or 1 in the case of a unicycle.

someone mentioned the other day that if you had PPA membership' date=' you automatically had a cyclosport license.

is this true?[/quote']

Yes fan, this is true.  I emailed PPA regarding this and they said Cyclosport is included with your yearly membership - valid until end of June/July (whenever they renew).

When asked what if I get asked to produce this cyclosport license at an event...  "just show them your ppa membership card"

Tankman2010-01-26 02:11:03

ok, I have registered with Roag and have gone to CSA's website registered and purchased a cyclosport license. Tell me what happens now, do they post your license to you or what.

someone mentioned the other day that if you had PPA membership' date=' you automatically had a cyclosport license.

is this true?[/quote']Yes fan, this is true.? I emailed PPA regarding this and they said Cyclosport is included with your yearly membership - valid until end of June/July (whenever they renew).When asked what if I get asked to produce this cyclosport license at an event...? "just show them your ppa membership card"

thats pretty cool... So now I dont need to purchase a cyclosport license to race league, or SV @ the argus.

However, you will need a full license to race nationals / provincials