thursday night ride - moo mall (EVERY thursday)

MaxUmis

hi Guys,

A friend and I would like to join tomorrow night. (If we can)

Where, what time, how far, how fit do you need to be and do you need a light?

If we need a light, which one. So we can get them tomorrow and join?

Thanks

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Guys,

A friend and I would like to join tomorrow night. (If we can)

Where, what time, how far, how fit do you need to be and do you need a light?

If we need a light, which one. So we can get them tomorrow and join?

Thanks

Yeah come!

Moo mall in Irene, think it is like corner Nellmapius and R21. Be there 6:45 ready! I think tomorrow will be a entry ride so probably 20 to 25 k's and we'll go slow. Park near the spur and look out for the MTB's. A light would be needed. If you don't have a light rather get a cheapie for the first ride and order something better later on from suppliers online or here on the hub. Lotsa guys coming first time just use a simple headlight to help them not ride into the guy in front of them! :D :D

seeya there !

Yeah come!

Moo mall in Irene, think it is like corner Nellmapius and R21. Be there 6:45 ready! I think tomorrow will be a entry ride so probably 20 to 25 k's and we'll go slow. Park near the spur and look out for the MTB's. A light would be needed. If you don't have a light rather get a cheapie for the first ride and order something better later on from suppliers online or here on the hub. Lotsa guys coming first time just use a simple headlight to help them not ride into the guy in front of them! :D :D

seeya there !

Hehehe, true, BUT if we use last week as an example, I don't think it'll necessarily be a pleasant experience :lol:

AIRMAVRICK have a look at something like the LED Lenser H7 Head Lamp for R375. Beware the temptation to go for something that says "6 super bright LEDs lasts for 10 days" and that costs R150. Those ones are meant for you to see what's in your plate when you're out camping. Not so much for riding lekker single track in the pitch dark.

I've also seen the Hardcase Professional Headlight at Builders Warehouse and I remember thinking that those should be good for night rides.

Watch out for a lumen(lm) rating on the packaging, I would say anything over 50lm will make for a survivable ride.

I'll bring an extra light tonight, so if you're not sure about your lighting you're more than welcome to borrow my extra one.

Come join us tonight and see how it goes.

If you reckon you need more light, chat to Clinton the cow about hooking you up with some serious lumens :thumbup:

Edited by MaxUmis

Hehehe, true, BUT if we use last week as an example, I don't think it'll necessarily be a pleasant experience :lol:

AIRMAVRICK have a look at something like the LED Lenser H7 Head Lamp for R375. Beware the temptation to go for something that says "6 super bright LEDs lasts for 10 days" and that costs R150. Those ones are meant for you to see what's in your plate when you're out camping. Not so much for riding lekker single track in the pitch dark.

I've also seen the Hardcase Professional Headlight at Builders Warehouse and I remember thinking that those should be good for night rides.

Watch out for a lumen(lm) rating on the packaging, I would say anything over 50lm will make for a survivable ride.

I'll bring an extra light tonight, so if you're not sure about your lighting you're more than welcome to borrow my extra one.

Come join us tonight and see how it goes.

If you reckon you need more light, chat to Clinton the cow about hooking you up with some serious lumens :thumbup:

thanks guys, the bike is loaded and Im coming through for the MOO experience. I'm bring my camping light and hopefully it will suffice. Please do bring the extra one, so I can atleast enjoy the single track :) Myself and a mate are coming, will be there ready at 6 :46 :)

Boys, who's gonna be down early? I'm gonna try for 6, can't promise what traffic will do to me :(

I am up for it...

how was the ride last night? i could not make it....pregant wife....

we missed you! Was very relaxed but I think the average speed was higher than last week. did 25k's :thumbup:

we missed you! Was very relaxed but I think the average speed was higher than last week. did 25k's :thumbup:

There's a certain young lady that is very chuffed with her performance last night :lol:

I don't even want to know how much more chuffedness will be expressed if she had to find out that the avg speed was higher than the week before!

I can barely get her to train as things are now. If she thinks that she's fit enough by default I'll never get her to train! :lol:

There's a certain young lady that is very chuffed with her performance last night :lol:

I don't even want to know how much more chuffedness will be expressed if she had to find out that the avg speed was higher than the week before!

I can barely get her to train as things are now. If she thinks that she's fit enough by default I'll never get her to train! :lol:

Good to hear your lady performs well!! was that before or after the ride? :P

Great night! Now MuX has 2 bikes to wash :)

Don't think there were any extremely interesting incidents to tell :( Besides a serious foot in the mud, followed by a LAUGH and uitk@k :D

Great night! Now MuX has 2 bikes to wash :)

Don't think there were any extremely interesting incidents to tell :( Besides a serious foot in the mud, followed by a LAUGH and uitk@k :D

:lol:

well, there was that hole that swallowed people whole... that was pretty interesting... What was the report writing decision on that btw?

:lol:

well, there was that hole that swallowed people whole... that was pretty interesting... What was the report writing decision on that btw?

No idea if there was a nominee for RR - but i think the ditch eating the girl should win :clap: