Discovery Vitality points polar

hagar

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone connected their Garmin training to Vitality? If so' date=' how?[/quote']

Dicovery are not interested in receiving files from a Garmin ... I have been fighting them for a year now as this is not fair on Garmin uses. Discovery even selld Garmin products. Please phone and request as the more we get the sooner they will have to receive the files.

I have also been onto them but with no success. They say anyone can form a link, but it seems they make it very difficult.

not fair on Garmin uses.

I presume Polar allows Discovery to use their site and infrastructure in exchange for some degree of exclusivity.

Guest Agteros
Has anyone connected their Garmin training to Vitality? If so' date=' how?[/quote']

Dicovery are not interested in receiving files from a Garmin ... I have been fighting them for a year now as this is not fair on Garmin uses. Discovery even selld Garmin products. Please phone and request as the more we get the sooner they will have to receive the files.

Discovery does not receive the files

The polarpersonaltrainer.com website as well as the Polar Upload technology belongs to Polar.

Discovery merely gets sent information regarding your POLAR training sessions which they then convert into Vitality point (150+50) per workout.

Polar obviously are not going to cater for Garmin devices to upload data to their website (www.polarpersonaltraininer), just a Garmin will not cater for Polar data to be loaded onto http://connect.garmin.com

Anycase each will protect their intellectual property to the n-th degree, so will not easily allow their workout files to be sent to a competitor...

Discovery does not receive the files

The polarpersonaltrainer.com website as well as the Polar Upload technology belongs to Polar.

Discovery merely gets sent information regarding your POLAR training sessions which they then convert into Vitality point (150+50) per workout.

Polar obviously are not going to cater for Garmin devices to upload data to their website (www.polarpersonaltraininer), just a Garmin will not cater for Polar data to be loaded onto http://connect.garmin.com

Anycase each will protect their intellectual property to the n-th degree, so will not easily allow their workout files to be sent to a competitor...

You are correct about the Dicovery and the files, but you are missing the point. Discovery will not accept files from the Garmin site. I have discussed this with Discovery and the bottom line that do not give a stuff.

Guest Agteros

[quote name=miggies21

You are correct about the Dicovery and the files' date=' but you are missing the point. Discovery will not accept files from the Garmin site. I have discussed this with Discovery and the bottom line that do not give a stuff. [/quote]

Why should they? Polar has cornered the HR market, so why should Discovery throw money at ANOTHER solution (for a niche market) to the same problem, especially where there is nothing wrong with the existing solution?

Go look at the training groups (runners especialy -plenty more of them than cyclists), also gym cardio equipment) and you'll see how few Garmin devices are out there compared to Polar.

I doubt it that Discovery will throw money at this 'problem'

Discovery are shooting themselves in the foot to have an exclusive relationship with Polar!!

Anyone know when Momentum are going to release their equivilent product, linking to Garmin?

It may be time to change medical aids!

OneMac2010-02-16 10:00:17

Guest Agteros
Discovery are shooting themselves in the foot to have an exclusive relationship with Polar!!

Why/how? Are you NOT going to join Discovery because they do not have some kind of agreement with Garmin?

Agteros2010-02-16 10:01:32

Guest Agteros
I registered for SA-active but it's mostly for running races so not much help for us cyclists

I claimed 15000 base fitness points, and the bonus points last year for cycling races... MTB and Road events. All Vitality require is that the results be published on the net... Championchip/Racetec/SpectrumSport solves that problem for you smiley2.gif

Why/how? Are you NOT going to join Discovery because they do not have some kind of agreement with Garmin?

Agteros do you know much about IT as this is very simple to do and Discovery are just being difficult. Why should I have to buy a Polar to claim the points. To me it is a principle thing and disciminating against me the client. I am loyal Discovery member and the fact is thay do not care. Do you work for Discovery? miggies212010-02-16 10:08:58

Guest Agteros

Agteros do you know much about IT as this is very simple to do and Discovery are just being difficult. Why should I have to buy a Polar to claim the points. To me it is a principle thing and disciminating against me the client. I am loyal Discovery member and the fact is thay do not care. Do you work for Discovery? [/quote']

I never said that it is difficult, but with the standard of coding exhibited by the modern script kiddie coders it might just be... Some of them do not even know what a SQL statement/database is! All they want to do is make 'pretty' web pages.

Obviously you know nothing about the real costs of implementing IT solutions in the corporate world! I am not even taking about the costs of the business agreements before the time!

If you feel that they are discriminating, take them to the HRC, or the concourt and find out if they are really discriminating!

Please let us know how that goes, will you?

Agteros do you know much about IT as this is very simple to do and Discovery are just being difficult. Why should I have to buy a Polar to claim the points. To me it is a principle thing and disciminating against me the client. I am loyal Discovery member and the fact is thay do not care. Do you work for Discovery? [/quote']

I never said that it is difficult, but with the standard of coding exhibited by the modern script kiddie coders it might just be... Some of them do not even know what a SQL statement/database is! All they want to do is make 'pretty' web pages.

Obviously you know nothing about the real costs of implementing IT solutions in the corporate world! I am not even taking about the costs of the business agreements before the time!

If you feel that they are discriminating, take them to the HRC, or the concourt and find out if they are really discriminating!

Please let us know how that goes, will you?

Now you are getting personal .... i have implemented many a solution at Discovery and other product providers so I know the cost very well hence my being agro about this ....

Sound like this needs to be killed as you do not know how to debate

I registered for SA-active but it's mostly for running races so not much help for us cyclists

I claimed 15000 base fitness points' date=' and the bonus points last year for cycling races... MTB and Road events. All Vitality require is that the results be published on the net... Championchip/Racetec/SpectrumSport solves that problem for you smiley2.gif[/quote']

so where/how do you claim?