What nutrition product to use for endurance events

Brakkies Sport Fotos

I'm not clued up on nutrition, and think about using one of these for the Epic.

What do I look at when comparing this 2?

USN Epic Pro All in One

USN?s Epic Pro All-in-One has been scientifically and precisely formulated as an elite post-training/ event recovery drink and/or comprehensive energy amino acid and electrolyte replacement drink to be used during long periods of intense physical activity such as multi-day sports events, Ironman events, marathons etc.

http://www.usn.co.za/USNProducts/Product_Page_Endurance-Epic-Pro-All-in-One.asp

against the

Hammer PERPETUEM : THE FUEL FOR EXTREME ENDURANCE

http://www.hammernutrition.com/products/perpetuem.pp.html?navcat=fuels-energy-drinks

That Epic Pro goeters got Summit Cycles through a 24 hour and with a win nogal so I would imagine it's pretty good ..... but then again he is a bit of a nutter as well (the best kind of course!).

I use the Hammer products and must admit that they really work for me. The issue is just to get the right flavour. I found that the espresso and orange worked best for me but after 4 hours the orange became hot and was not that great.

Perpetuem for more than 2 hours.

Heed for under 2 hours.

Recoverite, or something like that, for recovery.

The gels are not to bad either. Vanilla is the only one I can hold down.

Popeye, I used Perpetuam for Ironman. Great product and perpetuam helps alot with recovery also but you can use the Recoverite for recovery.

Think the USN Epic pro would be slightly cheaper though.

Give Fred from Geco a call for Perpetuam. I used to get the best prices from him on the Hammer products 021 982 3446. Tell him MC said you must contact him.