AGGRESSION TOWARDS CYCLISTS

stringer

Its not always the motorists' date=' as i rider i can comment on other guys. Today a group of pro's jumped a red robot and i nearly hit a few of them, had my mother and niece in the car or i would flooked them and told them how to act on the road. Its not the first time i have seen them riding like idiots.[/quote']

Amen! I ride to work 3 out of 5 days. The other 2 it's the car that gets used. My route requires me to go through the William Nicol and Main intersection in Bryanston. Anyone who knows this intersection will agree that it's fairly complex.

Just down the road from that intersection, on Main, there's a Engen garage where a bunch of cyclists meet in the morning to go on training rides. One morning whilst on my way into the office, I saw 2 of these guys fly through a red at this intersection, like a bunch of idiots.

I'm in a car and I wouldn't do that so what makes it "less risky" to do it on a bike... Must be the "smaller target" mentality. Next time I see it a pic is going up on here!

...just not smart guys! C'mon!

You really do not want to place pictures of cycling misdemeanors on the Hub. Your fellow cyclists will find all sorts of fault with you, call you a traitor and all kinds of bad things. I suspect these cyclists are the ones actually comitting misdemeanors and are feeling guilty. That is why they react like that.

As Bob the Builder said...... nobody likes a snitch!!!!!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take knives (or bats) to a gunfight hey Tarmac? smiley2.gif

I have my own story this week .........

I ride a GS1200 to work from S/West to Sanlam Belville ' date=' most days of the week, except in storms and gales (yep, I'm a fair weather biker!) !! I ride mostly the R102 through Eersterivier and Kuisrivier...anyone who know this route, can attest to the knobbers in cages that drive this route.

On Tuesday just after the Kuilsrivier Police station a taxi pulled out from the Engen petrol station and only saw me at the last moment. I pulled brakes and came down from about 70kmph (yes the limit is 60kmph). It took me (it seems that way) about 20-30m to slow down to +/- 5-8kmph........eventually about 5m from hitting the Taxi, I gave up and excepted that I was going to t-bone him,

I hit him in his door but had slowed down sufficently to only bounce back off him ...........I got my legs out before I toppled over and saved the bike going down.

Firstly, I thank BMW for ABS. Secondly all I got was torn and shredded right shin from the enging head hitting into them after bouncing backwards from the taxi.

Anyway I got off the bike, looked ay my leg and then approached the taxi driver.....he was already shaking his hands and shout he was so sorry to me. Now 10 years ago, I admit, I would have buried him in the concrete, there and then. But i bit my tongue , told him that there are many many bikers out there and would he please pay more attention in future. Simple, that;'s all I had to say to him. Got on my bike after checking the front forks and drove onto work.

I thank the Lord for surviving this episode and being able to get home to see the missus and daughter. Was I mad, sure, but like has been said above , it's just not worth it, to rant and be aggressive.

Apologies for long story, but I act the same on my bicycle when the numnuts try and take me out.[/quote']Hey, I also work at sanlam.Seen your bike there outside there quite a bit.I often cycle to work.Thought you were Marius there for a sec, he also has a bmw bike now, but he stays in table view.

woolfie

i park in the underground covered parking in the bike bays, my GS is the dirtest there smiley36.gif smiley36.gif ...it gets ridden offroad, unlike some of my collegues. Drop me a PM with your office tel.ext sometime and we could have a coffee at the M& B ????

Headhunter. I dont have an extension. I am contracting to Gijima on the 9th floor. Drop me a mail when you are in & we can go for a cycle. I mean a coffee

I ALWAYS cycle with my Pepper spray with me' date=' even Mtb.[/quote']

I need to get me some of that! LOL

I find it really difficult to keep my mouth shut and my middle finger in the holster when confronted with some of the idiotic and careless things some riders do on the road during my rides. But as has been mentioned, you never know who you're dealing with and being on a bicycle when the other person(s) have a car puts you at a massive disadvantage. Dead

It doesn't make it any less frustrating as a law-abiding cyclist! Angry