How to climb - Majik Forest

CJVDM

Where is Majik Forest?

Onetime.. You know where our Night rides use to be... We need to organize one after your Epic.

Mtbmom heading up the first part of the electric fence, the next part is tougher. pics don't do justice to gradient. 20100219_085322_PIC_0206.jpg

Ok... I obviously miss out on much of Majik.

I either turn left into the singletrack at the beacon (after the second hill), or go down the dip turn left at the new marker, which then takes me into the singletrack.

How do you get to this fence trail?

Ok... I obviously miss out on much of Majik.

I either turn left into the singletrack at the beacon (after the second hill)' date=' or go down the dip turn left at the new marker, which then takes me into the singletrack.

How do you get to this fence trail? [/quote']

Haha, your missing most of the fun.

Once at the beacon, go down to the electric substation, either via the singletrack or the gravel road.  Than around the substation, and you will see a track going up up up to a very steep hill aka Everest.  You can either go this way, or seems the preferred way is to enter the gate after the substation and crawl up alongside the vinyard to Everest.

Once at Everest you can either attempt the climb / walk or take a left along the contour lines.  You follow the singletrack and will eventually reach a shortish but steep little bump which i walk up all the time.  The singletrack then will reach the electric fence.....  Be carefull of the zap.  Coming down, theres also a variety of options, of which 2 leads to some nice heartstopping drops (especially the 1st time if you dont expect them).  Then back down to the substation, again 2-3 options, then along the fence until you get to the beacon.  You know the way from here on further.

Hope this explains....

don't know how well the pic will come out. From the beacon, take the jeep track downhill to the sub station and follow it to the left. Follow the fence around the substation and head uphill next to the vineyards. As the track gets steep, follow the singletrack to the left. If you keep on this singletrack, it takes you to the short steep climb and then next to the electric fence. There are a few routes down - you can't go too wrong from there.20100219_143400_majik.JPG

Can someone post a pic of this hill - partly because I would like to try and figure out how I would tackle it' date=' but also cos I would like to see what this Majik Forest looks like.

From the various discussions on the Hub, it sounds like a great place to ride.

I have been getting involved in building some new trails here in PE and its nice to have a benchmark to compare with (steal ideas).

[/quote']

I,ll try and take some pics next week and post on this thread.  It gives me an excuse to get off the bike at the hills LOL

Majik really is a great track but apparently rated 3rd in Cape area.  I havnt done Tokai or Jonkershoek yet, but planning that in the next 3 weeks.  Then theres Hillcrest , Elgin , Oakdale, Welvanpas ....  So many tracks, so little time...