Fat people should get charged 'excess baggage'!

sharkysa

Guest Big H
We were changed extra when the my team flew to the Tour of New Zealand. The funny thing was' date=' the Lions Rugby team was on the same flight. These guys are huge. So Cherise questioned, why we were been changed and rugby dudes not. Disapprove

[/quote']

Maybe this is the reason and NOT your preconceived discrimination.....

From SAA website

Journeys to/from South America (where piece concept is applicable as specified above) the weight per piece in economy class equals 32 kg (70lb) each and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62inches).

and

The following Sport equipment mentioned below will allow an additional 20kg per passenger - this is valid to both the Weight and Piece Concept. Please note that this is not applicable to special events such as the Argus.

Angling
Archery
Bowls
Cricket
Cycling
Diving (Scuba Equipment) Please note that tank must be empty
Fencing
Field Hockey
Football (soccer)
Golf
Lacrosse
Netball
Motor-cycle gear (protective riding gear and helmet, motor-cycle to be sent as cargo)
Rugby
Shooting / Hunting (Firearms and Ammunition ? subject to correct transportation / safety procedure being followed)
Snow / water Ski equipment

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coenie

So according the SAA you should not be charged for your bike?

Guest Big H

Also that even though you are charges overweight the charge is because your bike does not conform to the standard size of luggage...... go and read the fine print.

Bikes are sporting equipment...

.....and the issue is why should we be charged if the the person sitting next to me weighs more than me and my bike?

As I said in my mail...... thank you.... thank you ..... skinny people for subsisdizing me!!!!!!!!

Rulz are rulz dear coenie!!!!!!!!

Guest Big H

The average weight per person test done in 2009 was 85kg...... even that is more than a scrawny cyclists AND his snap crackle pop carbon bike!!!!!!!!

Guest Big H
Big H= again you make little to no sense

Really..... this whole posting is discriminating and makes little sense.

Guest coenie

The average weight per person test done in 2009 was 85kg...... even that is more than a scrawny cyclists AND his snap crackle pop carbon bike!!!!!!!!

Please go and read your last 3 post and see if you follow any logic?

you go from saying it is because of the size, then post something saying that it is sporting equipment and according to SAA there is an additional allowance and you you say the avg is 85 kg....Logic?

This tactic will not work in SA' date=' because our fellow country men and woman are very big - because its a symbol of "health and wealth"...

so by doing that it will be racist and a discrimination thing again ...
[/quote']

Which race(s) are you wanting to call fat?

Seems to me, its hard to appear Under-dressed or Overweight next to any cross-section of society here.

Guest coenie

Big H= again you make little to no sense

Really..... this whole posting is discriminating and makes little sense.

discriminating  against WHO? Fat people who pay the same I do and then take up 30 % of my seat?

Guest colonel

Me and my bike together weigh 69kg so with my luggage I will still be under 85kg so why would I have to pay for excess luggage?colonel2010-03-17 03:43:49

Guest Big H

Please go and read your last 3 post and see if you follow any logic?
you go from saying it is because of the size' date=' then post something saying that it is sporting equipment and according to SAA there is an additional allowance and you you say the avg is 85 kg....Logic?
[/quote']

Fokus Koenraad fokus..... ek weet dit is moeilik en swaar en kos energeie en inspanning....... maar FOKUS kereltjie!!!!!!!!!

Guest coenie

Fokus Koenraad fokus..... ek weet dit is moeilik en swaar en kos energeie en inspanning....... maar FOKUS kereltjie!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me you have run out of your pils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coenie2010-03-17 03:47:06

Guest coenie

Me and my bike together weigh 69kg so with my luggage I will still be under 85kg so why would I have to pay for excess luggage?

We are on the same page, but Big H seems to be a bit slow.......why SHOULD you pay extra?

coenie2010-03-17 03:48:02

This tactic will not work in SA' date=' because our fellow country men and woman are very big - because its a symbol of "health and wealth"...

so by doing that it will be racist and a discrimination thing again ...

[/quote']

Which race(s) are you wanting to call fat?

Seems to me, its hard to appear Under-dressed or Overweight next to any cross-section of society here.

its a fact. not sure what race you are, but I'm referring to Zulu and Xhosa - generally black SA'cans. I work with them and they believe that a woman should have a full figure and the man should be big - that's a form of health and wealth for them. No disrespect or anything intended from my side. Just saying.

They think our supper skinny girlfriends are sick and might have TB and HIV - hahaha.

Cultures are different and nothing can make either party change. So just saying - fat white people can be lucky that there  are lots of fat people in SA other than whites - because the will never change the rules when the ruling party will be affected.

At the same time - other cultures in Africa have very skinny and tall black people , some of them living in SA - so not generalizing. Smile

I think if you look around a shopping mall, you'll find a huge no. of overweight folk of all races.

The themes as to why someone is overweight may vary & the cultural issue of looking proseperous is one; but there's many more across different people groups.

I got back from Malawi y'day and got told about a messenger worked for us at Head Office for years been transferred to a small branch and he's lost a huge amount of weight.

The diagnosis is not HIV, but that the access to the tea, coffee, sugar, milk, toilet roll & air freshener supplies is no longer there for him.

So u cant get fat on our messenger salary, that would go for huge no.s of people here too.