Which tyres?

bontie

So I am a roadie, who does the occasional MTB ride. And I'm in for the Joberg2C - Bike needs new tyres as the front one has been on since 2008 Epic and has done some miles after that. Rear still OK-ish but some tar riding has killed the tread...

I have been using Conti Mountain King 2.2 UST tyres for the last 3 years, but am hearing good things about the Race Kings. I am not too full of nonsense about grip/resistance etc. Waht tyres should I buy for Joberg2C  - I'm thinking Mountain Kings again or race Kings??

Your comments are appreciated...as long as they are informative that is.

A very good combination is Mountain King on the front and a Race King on the back, rode Sabie experiance on this combo as did many other riders and find it worked very well.

So I am a roadie' date=' who does the occasional MTB ride. And I'm in for the Joberg2C - Bike needs new tyres as the front one has been on since 2008 Epic and has done some miles after that. Rear still OK-ish but some tar riding has killed the tread...

I have been using Conti Mountain King 2.2 UST tyres for the last 3 years, but am hearing good things about the Race Kings. I am not too full of nonsense about grip/resistance etc. Waht tyres should I buy for Joberg2C  - I'm thinking Mountain Kings again or race Kings??

Your comments are appreciated...as long as they are informative that is.
[/quote']

Check out this thread - should help with your decision:

Personally I don't think you can go wrong on either but I prefer the Race Kings.

I have some 29x2.4 Mountain Kings if you want them? One 10km ride on them - R300 each.