Caring Road Cyclist?

desmondalie

How on earth do you break a spoke, you about half my weight, at least you home safe, lesson learntWink.

Really dont know how the spoke broke. I was cruising on very nice road surface. And the front wheel as well. Probably an old stress point in the spoke that gave in.

Really dont know how the spoke broke. I was cruising on very nice road surface. And the front wheel as well. Probably an old stress point in the spoke that gave in.

Maybe bad karma because you are such a racist

Something like this should never happen. We are a community by virtue of the sport we practise. There are so many bad things happening out there that small actions like helping a fellow cyclist in need can do a lot to prevent a possible incident. 

?

Thats new. First time ever someone accuses me of being a racist. But then again you have no idea who and what I am. No need for popcorn, not entertaining this one.

If you like we can take it off line, thats if you are man enough. My number is 0832336981.

?

Care to elaborate on this? How did this thread turn into a racial one smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif

It is no wonder some of the origanal hubbers have moved to another site.

Still looking for the right multi tool that has a chain tool in.

Have you looked at the Topeak Hexus 16. It's a nice small tool with all the usual Allen keys and it has a very sturdy chain breaker built in.

I had a similar experience to Desmond on the Saturday morning before the Argus. I managed to puncture three tubes in the space of about 500m near the Waterfront. One person asked if I was OK while I was fixing the first puncture. I rode a bit further and got another punture in my other wheel. I then managed to pinch my last spare tube while trying to change it.

The shuttle bus from my hotel was only willing to fetch me from the Waterfront, so I had no choice but to walk (thank goodness for cleat covers).

I had walked along, wheeling my bike, for about 15min before someone did eventually ask if I was OK and offered me another tube (the rare kind person does exist). I then stupidly pinched that tube too, so back to walking.

I walked for another 15min before I reached the pick-up point for the bus.

I was stopped or walking for over an hour that morning. I must have been passed by well over 100 cyclists. Only two were actually willing to ask if I needed help.

I went out for another attempt in the afternoon and got another puncture. This time the only person to ask if I needed help was a guy on a scooter. Not one of the 20+ cyclists who passed while I was fixing it.

Maybe it's a Cape thing? I've had a couple of puntures while riding to, from or around the Cradle and most cyclists who've ridden past then have asked if I was OK.

i think we just need to keep it clean and ignore certain guys that want to use this site for their own agendas.

This thread is about how selfish some roadies are, so lets stick to that.

Although I didnt get help, I will continue helping others in need. Hopefully we can rubb off on the bad ones.

Agreed fully Des! Same thing happened to me on Sat! Given away a fair share of tubes to other riders. My spare had a crack in the valve that I never noticed until all the air came rushing out it. Eventually flagged down a biker who lent me a phone to call to get picked up

Guest Big H
Agreed fully Des! Same thing happened to me on Sat! Given away a fair share of tubes to other riders. My spare had a crack in the valve that I never noticed until all the air came rushing out it. Eventually flagged down a biker who lent me a phone to call to get picked up

Two things you should never ever be without when you cycle is your cellphone and some munny!!!!!!!!!

20100405_075945_stupidity-medic.jpg