Wendesday evening ride

Chris Willemse

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, and are we talking about 1h, 2h 3h,.. ride? Starting from your shop and ending at your shop?

All on road bikes

Damn, i thought it was a mtb outing....  Any mtb'kers joined previously?

Slower group generally averaged 25km (and its not flat ... 50 km in 2 hours).

The problem is that guys who should be with the "A" bunch came to ride with the "B" bunch - and all end up going almost the same pace as the A bunch.

A guy went to the front and asked them to cool it - but it did not last long.

When a 'group' rides mainly in a long single file - it should be obvious that the pace is too hot.

I turned off early (closer to home) and saw a few guys battling to keep up.

So, in summary, basically the second half had the A and B bunches riding as one - and about 5 guys (who wanted a B bunch) rode with their tongues dragging on the ground)

Hope the guys who battled at the back will come again - and will enforce some discipline in the B group.

Like the one guy said - its not fair to have a B group and the wrong guys join it - just spoiling it for guys who want a 20km ave pace or are not as strong.
Nojo King2010-05-31 10:52:52

My brain said B group but my ego said A. My legs then said howzit at the top of the climb to Spes Bona.

The problem is that the A group starts after the B group so there is nowhere to fall back to, you just have to keep going, which is great motivation.

Last weeks ride was 14 minutes faster than the previous week,averaging 27kph. It's a great workout.

That was me!LOL

But then CWC replaced it with a new Shiamno chain and threw in a limited edition CWC water bottle for free.

I plan to join the slower group tomorrow, that should bring the ave speed down a few km/h.

WOW, this sounds great!! A mid week night ride with a good distance as well.

Just a few quick questions:

1.) Where does it start ?

2.) can one do it on a road bike?

3.) what is the traffic like on the N1 at 17h45 (i would be coming from town)

WOW' date=' this sounds great!! A mid week night ride with a good distance as well.

Just a few quick questions:

1.) Where does it start ?

2.) can one do it on a road bike?

3.) what is the traffic like on the N1 at 17h45 (i would be coming from town)
[/quote']

1 - At CWC in Bellville, next to Tygervalley

2 - All on MTB bikes (theres a little bit of gravel road included)

3 - That would be too late.  From town on a good day takes approx 40 min on avg.  The slow group starts 6:15, the faster group at 6:30.

It was the perfect evening ride.  No wind , no rain.  Pace was good.  Chris was very generous with some free bike services to all the participants!!

Thanks CWC for making this happen.  The support vehicles certainly adds to the safety of the group.

Free bike service?

That's what comes from arriving at the last minute, you miss the giveaways.

Chrish. Dont panic. You will get your one as well. Just pop in and chat to Melanie. She will sort you out with your voucher.