Schwalbe nobby nic's VS Maxxis crossmark ust

Bman

I don't have the flat problem with my Noby Nic's at all again. Maybe I am just lucky hey ?Big%20smile Aint it perhaps your rims thats not sealed well Coola ?

im just a fatty baie!!!!!! no but to be fair it was only one race ....three flats in 45ks !

see now if i had 3 flats in 45k's think id kick the bike and walk to finish.. my rims are all set up properly but still deflates after about 3 days back to fairly flat without pumping.. but do love the tread and handling on nobby nics..

If you are after reliability, especially in hard rocky sections Crossmarks are the way to go. Try the Monorail - Crossmark front rear combo.

I had 5 punctures in 4 training rides in a row with my kenda karmas (non-tubeless).

Then i bought my xt wheelset (tubeless) with the monorail crossmark combo.  No punctures yet after 6 rides Thumbs%20Up.  Plus the monorail has been pretty grippy on more than one occasion where im sure the karmas would have slided out from under me.

I also cracked a rib abt 2 months back on the karmas due to them slipping out from under me on wet conditions.

oh, and neither of my wheelsets are loosing any air.  My XT wheelset have only been pumped once after purchase and holding pressure perfectly.

CJVDM2010-06-08 15:28:12

CJ sounds the way to go.. just had mine done with nobby nic's and have to inflate them every third day if they even last that long cause they just loosing pressure.. im gonna have to go for the real deal with a tubeless combo.. just abit of hard saving needed to get there manSmile

CJ sounds the way to go.. just had mine done with nobby nic's and have to inflate them every third day if they even last that long cause they just loosing pressure.. im gonna have to go for the real deal with a tubeless combo.. just abit of hard saving needed to get there manSmile

Got my XT wheelset from CWC for R2900 3 weeks back , a very good deal (do yourself a favour and compare their price on CRC).  This price excluded tires / disc (brakes) / and cluster.