Sigma PC9 or Polar F4?

Mtb2009

My personal choice would be the Polar as I have not had any trouble with mine and the service centre in South Africa is well organised. Not sure about the Sigma Products After Sales service in SA.

I have the sigma. Its quite decent and costs MUCH less than the polar. I'm quite happy with it, only 1 small issue now is that one of the buttons is sticking, but I'm sure I'll be able to sort it out. Polar is obviously a better name and better quality, but consider the prices of both.

Happy with my PC9. For the price (R300 randts from CWC in Feb), well there was nothing else available.

Use it everyday on my commute as I have asthma and do serious uphills in the morning. Today was the first time I picked up issues and it was due to me not wetting the strap before the time. I do not put this down to Sigma at fault - I'm sure this is required for all straps.

Only thing that puts me off Polar is the inability to change batteries yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Have u had any other technical problems with the pc9?

Besides the HR strap issue (which I have found is true for all straps), I've not had a single problem. The PC9 functions are minimal but sufficient for me.

If your looking for something to upload your training, well then rather get a Polar or something else in the > R2K range.

Also since budget HRM seem to have a good resale value, its easier to start of basic (Sigma/entry level Polar) and then upgrade to the big boys later on.