MTB Purchase?

J.J

Morning all,

Trust you had a great weekend? My friend and his wife want to start MTBing, he has asked me to keep a look out for him & I was wondering if anyone has seen some specials or new releases in the gauteng - Preferebly pretoria region?

He is looking at buying 2 x bikes in the region of R3500 - R5000 per bike?

Thanks in advance? ;)

JJ

I Also bought a basic entry level bike a bit more than two months ago. Paid R4000-00 at Solomons. They have some specials on at the moment. (www.solomons.co.za) Not too badly specced and has gone through a fair amount of abuse so far without any hassles. Otherwise have a look right here on the HUB in the FOR SALE section, maybe your friend will get lucky there. You will then find you get a higher specced bike for much less. From what I've learnt in my short time here on the HUB is that you need at least Mechanical Disk Brakes, and Shimano Deore shifters, brakes and deralieurs (front and rear) Aluminium frame is way to go. I know of a bike shop in Waterkloof Ridge area that sell second hand bikes as well (me thinks) Bester Cycles.

Another suggestion is to phone all the Bike shops around after a google search and see what they have.

Good Luck!