Rotor

DownhillingKing

I just want to know can any rotor work with any calipers? as I have also been thinking about upgrading my Tektro rotors to those wind cutter ones?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know can any rotor work with any calipers? as I have also been thinking about upgrading my Tektro rotors to those wind cutter ones?

As long as the size is the same. You replace a 180mm with a 180 and not a 183. I replaced my 140mm Tektro with a Windcutter and it works 100%. This is with XT calipers.

Eliflap

Why aren't the Hopes working on your R1's?

I have rx's now with hopes and have ordered R1's so am interested to see what the problem is?

DMC007, those Shimano RT76 rotors you got from Loudmac are awesome stuff. Got mine from CRC as they are not yet available in SA. Spoke to Coolheat (Shimano distributor) before I placed my order, and they said due to lots of stock of the RT75 they do not anticipate getting the RT76 any time soon. Regarding eliflap's comment on floating rotos, consider the RT76 just as good, as they are lighter and also displaces heat. And they look great. What more do you want? ;)

Thanks....you do keep a close eye on the Ads I see!!

I want nothing more...extremely happy with what I have. Now I just have to put them to the test. The only problem is that I could not find a post mount adaptor for the 180mm front disc. My LBS simply added some spacers and they work just aswell.

post-3512-090017400 1279808371.jpg

Thanks....you do keep a close eye on the Ads I see!!

I want nothing more...extremely happy with what I have. Now I just have to put them to the test. The only problem is that I could not find a post mount adaptor for the 180mm front disc. My LBS simply added some spacers and they work just aswell.

I also battled to get the adaptor, and eventually got one from Bowman's Cycles in Cape Town CBD. Give them a try. I think I paid around R80-00.