Crank brother eggbeaters

Balsie

I wonder if anybody could help me. I have a set of crank brothers egg beaters. The functionality on the pedal is awesome but on my right foot only it hurts like hell underneath my foot after about an hour of riding. Checked to see if the screws on the cleat are too long,I have bought new shoes,two pairs of socks and yet it still hurts. Any suggestions?

Try the CrankBrothers shoe shield..... it might be that the pressure pushes right through onto the bole of your foot.

The Shoe Shield will disperse the pressure more evenly and also protect you sole of your shoe from wear......

Try the CrankBrothers shoe shield..... it might be that the pressure pushes right through onto the bole of your foot.

The Shoe Shield will disperse the pressure more evenly and also protect you sole of your shoe from wear......

The shoe shield? Is that the small plate that comes with the shoes? I do have those on already.

Also thinking

do you know if there are different cleats for the egg beaters. Maybe a flatter one?

Thanks!!!

The shoe shield? Is that the small plate that comes with the shoes? I do have those on already.

Also thinking

do you know if there are different cleats for the egg beaters. Maybe a flatter one?

Thanks!!!

The black plates that come with the cleats are not shoe shields.....

you buy them in a separate packet and they are silver.

You get the smaller cleats for racing..... but I think that wil just worsen your problem......

This is the shields:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Crank_Brothers_Shoe_Shields/5360031074/

Eggbeaters are not the greatest when it comes to contact area. The soles of the shoes should rest on the axle alongside the wings. If it does not, then there is a chance that you will suffer from hotspots.

Maybe your cleat position on the shoe?

Must admit havn't tried moving the cleat on the shoe. Will move them back slightly see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

work those hamstrings and rather "pull" the pedal.

Less push and more pull.......

Get those hammies working!! Got Yah!! :P

Any idea where I can buy those shields locally?

My last pair of shoes were demolished by the eggbeaters. The I got the shoe shield. The shield is taking strain and it seems as if you need to replace cletas and shields at same time. They wear quickly so it an extra R500 a year...thats without the service kit.

Even with these issues I still love my CB's and intend on getting the updated version as soon as budget allows.

I feel exactly the same. The fuctionality of the pedal when riding is awesome.Hopefully the updated version will be better.

To all you guys that gave me advice. Thank you very much!!!

Put shields on and moved cleat back slightly. Rode an intense 40km race with plenty singltrack this weekend so lots of pressure on the feet. Didn't feel a thing. Got to think of a new reason for a foot massage now..... :rolleyes: