MTB in PE area and surrounding

Bennie Dikwiel

What is currently happening with MTB group rides in PE?

The only regular group ride is the Teusday night ride @ Cyclo Pro which starts at 17:30.

Other than that you can register your email adress on the outrides page of the fattracks website, and you will be notified of group rides. The ride organiser will state the location, distance, terrain, pace and duration of the ride so you will know what is in store.

Fattracks outrides page

On the weekends, most rides are at Longmore and sometimes at Baviaans. I also cycle regularly at Woodridge and Thornhill.

So go on and register your email adress and join us for a few rides in 2011.

The only regular group ride is the Teusday night ride @ Cyclo Pro which starts at 17:30.

Other than that you can register your email adress on the outrides page of the fattracks website, and you will be notified of group rides. The ride organiser will state the location, distance, terrain, pace and duration of the ride so you will know what is in store.

Fattracks outrides page

On the weekends, most rides are at Longmore and sometimes at Baviaans. I also cycle regularly at Woodridge and Thornhill.

So go on and register your email adress and join us for a few rides in 2011.

Thanks chaps, i'll register on fattracks and get active, december was toooooo long and 2011 has tomuch nice challenges, have to get fit.

Great photo, i've never cycled into the Baviaans, keep me posted when you go again.

Will let you keep you posted! - The Baviaans ranks as one of my top 5 most beautiful places in SA.

• 4 months later...

Hello all

For those interested in joining us, we are riding in the Baviaanskloof (R332) again tomorrow 29 May. Starting at Kondomo at 08:00 riding up Combrinks Pass and turning around at the Bergplaas summit (655m). Total trip will be 55Km and at a moderate pace of 20Km/H.

Anyone cycled Woodridge course, I'll be in the area in July and would like to ride there. Also any other tracks in that area, my buddies will be golfing and I don't hit those little balls too good, so will ride instead.

The Baviaans ride on Sunday was so good we are going again this Sunday 5 June. For those interested in joining us, we are again starting at Kondomo at 08:00 riding up Combrinks Pass to the Bergplaas summit (655m). Depending on how strong everyone feels, we might go over and turn around Doodsklip. The trip to Bergplaas including stops takes 4h30 and should we go to Doodsklip you can add a extra hour to that.

Ps Weather looks great for Sunday

post-14134-0-07474000-1307000856.jpg

Come on guys...there is a race in Loerie on the 5th :(

I am looking for a few people to do a +-99km ride with me...

The Kinkelbos route is as follows:

From the Kinkelbos Police Station on the N2 to Alexandria (5km tar included) = 55km

From Alex to Bushmans River (all dirt) = 44km

Total = 99km

I might be able to assist with some accomodation in Bushamans for an evening - but I will have to meet the people before hand to make sure you are decent :)

Does any of you have any ride planned for the weekend of the 10th June?

"The Kinkelbos route is as follows:

From the Kinkelbos Police Station on the N2 to Alexandria (5km tar included) = 55km

From Alex to Bushmans River (all dirt) = 44km

Total = 99km"

I would love to do this ride sometime soon. Please PM me when you intend on riding it again. I will happily join if i can!

Edited by Sacrosanct

Anybody doing a long ride this weekend? A mate and i need to get riding as we are doing the Trans so need some milage :) :)