Riding Glasses - Prescription Lenses.

Caerus

Any one know what optomotrists do cyclist galsses in CT blauwberg area :)

I would say go to Classic eyes, they have been more then helpful with all my requests and questions. They were even willing to do some R&D for me.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Adi Evil Eyes - cost me a little under R2k, and every 2 years when I update my prescription the optometrist does my inserts for me really cheap.

The only problem I have with them is that sometimes sweat drops between the insert and the lense... and then you can't clean it till you stop :angry: And sometimes when it's cold the darm things fog up - mo use the evil eye lenses are anti fog, but the inserts are normal :huh: But you get used to it being close to your eyes... and oh ja - the lenses do start to peel for no reason after a year and a half :angry:

Can't wear contacts, so this is the best solution I've found. Tried to look at Oakleys but I was quote R5k + for their RX range... that's a bit too much IMO.

Kieran - I'm gona have a look at your when we train for the DC (I see we are riding in the same team B) )

This may seem like a stupid question, but with the adidas range of prescription frames. Would it make a difference wearing the "running or golf" specific frames for cycling, personally I dont see it making a difference. The reason im asking is the "running" glasses(Adizero & adivista) do not need an optical insert, you can have the whole lens as a presciption which are also interchangeable. Shape wise and fit are pretty much the same as the "cycling range".

Any feedback would be great.