Massive group ride - Cpt to Namibia

Shebeen

I recon half that stuff gets dumped /stolen BEFORE Angola! 27kgs is insane? I'm just thinking of a head &side wind...

Kudo's for this attempt...I'll certainly be keeping an eyeball on her progress.

Great stuff - maybe we can keep this thread alive and inform each other of Jolandie's progress...

Damn, I'm jealous. Beats sitting in this **** office of mine, surrounded by **********. Go Jolandie! Grab life by the horns and wrassle it to the ground.

let's look at the stats so far:

# of days on the road:12

# of blogposts since leaving: 3

# of twitter updates(270 followers) that don't include a blog update link or foursquare link: 2

# of facebook group updates(1462 followers): 0

# of punctures 1

# of kilometers travelled 176

*she's been sick so that explains the slow pace, but going on current social media reporting i wouldn't bank on too much coming from the saddle once we hit roaming and data upload issues.

• 3 months later...

if there are any bike companies out there who want to gain some serious goodwill, then i think donating a touring bike would really put you in the papers right now.

My link

jo-landie's original bike has been swiped by thieves, but she hasn't given up yet.