FOUND!! ROAD BIKE STOLEN IN PE 14 Sept

snerex

You should have gone there with the cops and you wouldn't have paid a cent.

I use to be a buyer for Cash Converters so will clear things up here: If the cops got involved and wanted to open a docket for prosecution, then the bike would need to be kept as evidence till the court case was completed. The pawn shop owner cannot claim damages then.

The law also requires the pawn shop to keep record of the seller by requesting proof of id and keeping record of it. Every item has to be registered and kept in secure storage for 7 days. This makes it easier like in this incident to recover your goods and find the perp. Pawn shop owners will regulary supply each other a black list of people suspected of selling stolen goods.

Its very common for pawn shops to ask to be reimbursed what they paid - R1500 sounds spot on for this bike and pawn shops don't make profit here - to release the goods back to the original owner and not open a docket.

So it is really up to you when such things happen.

I use to be a buyer for Cash Converters so will clear things up here: If the cops got involved and wanted to open a docket for prosecution, then the bike would need to be kept as evidence till the court case was completed. The pawn shop owner cannot claim damages then.

The law also requires the pawn shop to keep record of the seller by requesting proof of id and keeping record of it. Every item has to be registered and kept in secure storage for 7 days. This makes it easier like in this incident to recover your goods and find the perp. Pawn shop owners will regulary supply each other a black list of people suspected of selling stolen goods.

Its very common for pawn shops to ask to be reimbursed what they paid - R1500 sounds spot on for this bike and pawn shops don't make profit here - to release the goods back to the original owner and not open a docket.

So it is really up to you when such things happen.

What does a buyer for cash Convertors do? Isn't it a pawn shop, thus people bring you goods - Or did you just access the goods to see if they should be bought? So,if cash convertors bought the goods, they should have the thiefs details to pass onto the police? If not there is something dodgy going on!